Contribute
Register

UniBeast boots Lion install, but Chameleon/Chimeria won't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision M4400
CPU
C2D T9400 2.53Ghz
Graphics
Quadro FX 770M 512MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I just finished setting up 10.7.2 on a family member's Dell Inspiron 560 with UniBeast. I've been able to get pretty much everything working except for graphics, which are the dreaded x4500 and will be remedied by the Geforce 8400 I'm purchasing in a week or two.

The only remaining problem is that for some reason or another, only the UniBeast flash drive will boot the installation. I've tried installing both Chameleon and Chimera, have tried using the same settings as the UniBeast bootloader, and even copied UniBeast's org.chameleon.boot.plist to my extras folder without success.

What on earth could cause UniBeast to boot successfully when a fresh install of Chameleon/Chimera on the HD won't?

Did you set boot priority to hd and not usb in bios?

sofaking said:
Did you set boot priority to hd and not usb in bios?

Sorry for the slow reply!

Yes, I've kept the boot priority as HD first the whole time. I'm booting the USB drive by hitting the boot device select key at boot up.

I had a similar problem although slightly different.

I successfully installed Lion on an Intel DG33BU and Unibeast magically worked from the immediate. After booting with Unibeast, I used Multibeast just to setup the audio (I chose Audio Universal) and the system worked almost perfectly with all features except hardware acceleration under Flash that generates a black picture with voice only unless HW acceleration is deselected in Flash settings.

After a reboot, keyboard and integrated network card still worked. I reused Multibeast to implement the boot feature on the hard drive: the system lost keyboard and network device. What did I do with MB? I tried Easybeast, DSTD, many free configurations. No way to have keyboard and Network device back. I also tried the recommended next files for DG33BU without any success

Is it possible to use a command from terminal to copy Unibeast's boot record from the flash drive and install it on the hard drive? If not, what options must be set on Multibeast not to loose Keyboard and Ethernet Network device on DG33BU?

Cheers,
Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back