Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to make a Unibeast USB install stick for OS X 10.7 Lion. Machine currently running 10.7.4.

"Install Mac OS X Lion" is in /Applications and is a virgin, unused file.

Checking the "Lion" box (and telling OS X to trust the cert) gives an error that the certificate is invalid.

Log file below:

Sep 16 13:07:15 hackintosh installd[31280]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Sep 16 13:07:15 hackintosh installd[31280]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 "The package “UniBeast - 2.0.2” is untrusted." UserInfo=0x7fcc6aa10e60 {NSLocalizedDescription=The package “UniBeast - 2.0.2” is untrusted., NSURL=file://localhost/Users/admin/Desktop/NEWHACK/UniBeast%20-%202.0.2.pkg#unibeast.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.tonymacx86.unibeastMacAppStore.Lion.pkg, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcc68d502b0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED"} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "The package \U201cUniBeast - 2.0.2\U201d is untrusted.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/admin/Desktop/NEWHACK/UniBeast%20-%202.0.2.pkg#unibeast.pkg";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-2147409622 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED\" UserInfo=0x7fcc68d72590 {SecTrustResult=5, PKTrustLevel=PKTrustLevelNotTrusted, NSLocalizedFailureReason=CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED}";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.unibeastMacAppStore.Lion.pkg";
}
Sep 16 13:07:16 hackintosh Installer[32307]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Sep 16 13:07:16 hackintosh Installer[32307]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Sep 16 13:07:16 hackintosh Installer[32307]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

The same occurs when using the Mountain Lion option with a virgin, unused Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion.app also in /Applications.

Machine is P5K/Q6600 running 10.7.4 installed with unibeast/multibeast method.

Nope, I did.

#1. Creates a USB boot stick. Great, that's what I want!

#2. Only works in English. That's great, that's the language all my systems are configured for.

#3. The USB stick is formatted as HFS+ Journaled but NOT case sensitive, as specified in the instructions. No problem there.

#4. I can choose from Lion, Mountain Lion, Laptop and Legacy. I don't need laptop or legacy, and I get the same error for both Lion and Mountain Lion. No help here.

#5. Wrong progress times. Not relevant.

#6. 5.4Gb on the USB stick. I've got enough room, but the installer never gets that far.

#7. See above, but 5.0 Gb for ML. Not relevant.

#8. Unibeast is a signed installer. (Which is true, it's just that its certificate is signed by an unknown entity. I presume this is the entry you think I haven't read, except I have.) So I go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Allow Applications from anywhere. This option does not exist in 10.7.4. It does exist in 10.8.5, on the other machine I tried the install in-- there was no change. The same error presents on both machines for identical App Store downloads.

9. Install 10.7.5 supplemental update. If I was using 10.7.5 I would, but I'm not. 10.7.4 can't use it, but even that doesn't seem to be the problem, since 10.8.5 doesn't need it and still has the same error.

10. When running 10.6.8... yup, not relevant.

11. Most errors are due to incomplete or corrupt downloads. I started with my archived copies from when I first installed Lion on the Hackintosh, and Mountain Lion on the MacBook Air. When those failed to work, I downloaded ML again fresh, and went to another backup of 10.7 (it apparently isn't possible or easy to access this in the App Store, but I only even tried Lion because Mountain Lion wasn't working).

The archived copies were on external, offline media. There were no split updates. In any case, as I read my error and the errors of others, my error pertains to the signature on the certificate for unibeast.pkg, and not for the Installer, so the closest issue is #8, not #11.

If it's the case that 10.7.4 simply can't be used, and there's some separate problem on 10.8.5 that somehow generates the same error, that'd be fine-- you could have just written that instead of linked me to something I've already read.

Thanks anyway though.

Anyone else seen a similar issue and found a solution not already on the list?

NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcc68d502b0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED"} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "The package \U201cUniBeast - 2.0.2\U201d is untrusted.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/admin/Desktop/NEWHACK/UniBeast%20-%202.0.2.pkg#unibeast.pkg";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-2147409622 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED\" UserInfo=0x7fcc68d72590 {SecTrustResult=5, PKTrustLevel=PKTrustLevelNotTrusted, NSLocalizedFailureReason=CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED}";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.unibeastMacAppStore.Lion.pkg";
}
This error is due to you not running 10.7.5.

MacMan has updated the instructions to clarify that UniBeast only runs on 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or 10.8.x and what additional requirements are needed for 10.6.8 and 10.7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back