Contribute
Register

Unable to unmount SSD at Step 4 point 6.i of guide to begin installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folowing this guide all is looking promising with respect to my hardware but im stuck at point 5.

Step 5. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext Verification

1. AppleHDA.kext can be the same as or earlier than the installed OS X version
  2. AppleHDA.kext does not work if newer than the installed OS X version
  3. Verify AppleHDA.kext version and codec name
    1. ALC885
    2. ALC887
    3. ALC888
    4. ALC889
    5. ALC892
    6. ALC898
    7. ALC1150
  4. If codec is native, go to 4. Audio Codec Verification, above
  5. If your codec name is not listed, your codec is not compatible.

Heres a grab of my hardware via my hardware voa DPCI manager.

DPCI.png

How do i Verify AppleHDA.kext version and codec name?
Or have i just done that with DPCI?
There's no further info about my AppleHDA.kext version or teh codec name, though the codec ID in DPCI shoudl confirm it right?

Also Toleda mentions my AppleHDA.kext should not be newer than my OSX, but how to check? When i goto apple icon > about this mac > it just states Yosemite 10.10.5, no date. The kext file thats currently loaded is the rollback driver from Multibeast which is dated 29 July 2015, but is this newer or older than my OSX?

Then he goes on:
If S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is the correct codec name, correct Codec ID and correct layout-id

1. Try reinstall, see Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext Installation, above
  2. If reinstall fails, goto II. Problem Reporting

How to know if AppleHDA is correct codec name? is there some way to open it and check... obviously its name is AppleHDA.kext not 0x10ec0892 :banghead:

Any help is mega!

You can see the version of the AppleHDA.kext by right click>Get Info It will/should show the version. The Version of the AppleHDA.kext that Im using with my 10.10.5 install is v266.5. The version I gave you is v266.5 also
You have verified that your Codec is compatible. (5. 10ec0892 - ALC892)
I do not know how to verify if AppleHDA.kext is the correct codec name. I dug around in the package contents (right click>Show Package Contents) and couldn't tell. Text wrangler from the app store is great for looking at plists and such.

If all else fails, Id post in that thread with ALL
:!: the problem reporting files and have him look at it.. I emphasize ALL bc people are always posting to his threads with some/most info, and he'll just send you back to look at post #1 Problem Reporting..

~About this Mac isnt really good for any diagnosis~

10.10.5 was released by apple August 13th

Last edited:
For anyone folowing this thread, it had migrated to another post >> http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide-103.html as i was not able to resolve.

In short, my motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro BIOS version 3*** does not support audio with multibeast. My options are to downgrade the BIOS to version 2*** (which is not acceptable as it would mean me losing compatibility with my i7 3770K CPU) or get another soundcard.

Luckily i have an Audio8 DJ USB soundcard just laying around, so with a little bit of audio splitting with a bunch of cables i've managed to set audio up rather nicely!

Thank you to all that helped and for this wonderful website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back