Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
So I am having some trouble installing El Capitan on my computer.
The only version of Unibeast I have been able to get to work on my computer is version 5.1.0 for some reason. With Yosemite. No problem what so ever.
However if I try to install Yosemite (Getting ot El capitan soon) with any of the newer versions it fails as soon as I install the nvidia drivers.. Did it the exact same way as I would normally with unibeast 5.1.0...

However if I try to install El capitan using the latest version of unibeast (6.1.1) I'm not even getting past the wall of text (The last message I see is bluetooth controller failed or something), that normally occurs right before the graphics fail (If I remember correctly).
The bootflags I am trying to run (that also worked for Yosemite with Unibeast 5.1.0) is "-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1" I have also tried cpus=1, -f, -s etc..

Normally I'd boot (if the nvidia drivers are installed and working) with "npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1".

Do anyone have any experience with a similar setup?

My computers specs are:
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970
CPU: i7 3930k 3.2GHz (Sandy bridge)
Motherboard: ASUS P9x79 (LGA2011)
RAM: 32GB (I have tried removing sticks etc, but it does not seem to have any effect)
Not sure if my storage devices are relevant, but I have 2x SSD's and a couple HDD's. Tried removing all but one, swapping them around etc but to no avail.

If anyone can help me with this problem I'm really greatful.

I can't seem to get the latest version of xCode running in Yosemite so it seems like I need El capitan to run it (need the latest version to be able to debug/install apps on the current version of iOS and up it seems)

bump.
Anyone got any idea why Unibeast version 6.x won't work while 5.x does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back