1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First Hack build...

Ga-z77-ds3h MOBO
i5-3570k
16 gig ram...4gig installed
Samsung 830 SSD 128meg
(also tried older WD Raptor 74g sata drive)
using the hd4000 graphics

Ran the latest Unibeast with an 8 gig Sandisk USB drive. I downloaded ML from app store...
Changed settings in BIOS to those listed in guide

Hit F12 and can boot to the USB and come up to the Chimera screen...I can install ML to the SSD and then re-boot...hit F12 again and can boot from the ML SSD drive. BUT if I REMOVE the USB...it will not boot at all and stops on the message saying to the effect I need to choose or install a boot device (that is not the message...I had to shut that machine down and I forgot to write it down).

I have searched on the issue if it was the SSD that was the problem...nothing came up...I tried other SATA ports...I have tried to install on an older SATA drive...same results...can boot with the USB stick in...but take it out and no go.

I am sure that I have missed something...this is bugging me that the build and install were smooth...but I have this hang up. Any thoughts or other information that you need?

Thanks

Jim

Have you run multibeast and installed Easy (first option in MB)? After that, you should be able to boot without the USB.

J

7There is no option for multibeast z77 and ivy bridge...on the downloads page. My understanding is that with the new unibeast no need for multi beast.

Man...I seem to be the 'only one' having this much trouble being able to boot from the SSD.

I waited till 5.0 came out and figured that NOW it would be easy. Nope.

I have run three configurations of Multibeast and I keep getting stopped at "macx_swapon SUCCESS".

In the first two I ran the User DSDT and chose the correct audio and then the Lan settings. In the 2nd one I also chose Chimera. Same results.

In the third one I just ran...I only chose the User DSDT and thought that the least amout of boxes checked...MIGHT work. Nope.

I have looked at these threads...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...on-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3750k-hd4000-grapics-2.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-tuning/65301-ga-z77-ds3h-post-install-multibeast-plists-etc.html

Any Help on what the heck is going on...and possible fixes? Maybe it is a simple setting some place?

Thanks

JIm

Here is the screen shot of my -v boot

Attachments

• computer 002.jpg
    computer 002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 739
JIm

It seem like boot success but can not switch to Desktop screen.

28140d1345055835-unable-boot-ssd-hd-unibeast-ml-ga-z77-ds3h-computer-002.jpg

Try to use more screen output port to see desktop screen, like DVI, HDMI, D-SUB...etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 2/3 of the way down, it says "DSMOS has arrived".

This means that the operating system is essentially booted but your graphics are blocking you from getting to the Desktop.

Try booting -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

Hopefully, this will get you to your Desktop but the graphics will be crappy. You will need to research how to get them working.

Man...I seem to be the 'only one' having this much trouble being able to boot from the SSD.

I waited till 5.0 came out and figured that NOW it would be easy. Nope.

I have run three configurations of Multibeast and I keep getting stopped at "macx_swapon SUCCESS".

In the first two I ran the User DSDT and chose the correct audio and then the Lan settings. In the 2nd one I also chose Chimera. Same results.

In the third one I just ran...I only chose the User DSDT and thought that the least amout of boxes checked...MIGHT work. Nope.

I have looked at these threads...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...on-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3750k-hd4000-grapics-2.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-tuning/65301-ga-z77-ds3h-post-install-multibeast-plists-etc.html

Any Help on what the heck is going on...and possible fixes? Maybe it is a simple setting some place?

Thanks

JIm

Would make sure the FakeSMC Plugins and NullCPUPowerManagement are not in /S/L/E, and the correct SSDT is selected when you run MB.

THAT was it!!! My spare monitor is an old flat panel with VGA ONLY. I was able to use it fine in the USB stick mode. I knew it had to be something simple. Swapped to my PC's DVI monitor and BINGO...up and running.

Ran multi beast and clicked on the proper audio and video for this board and so far so good after the re-boot. The Lan is working and have not tried the audio yet.

Able to run VLC and open .wmv files from the PC...downloaded an add-on for QT that is supposed to let it play .wmv but no luck. Gotta love stuff from the MS web site. LOL.

Main purpose of building this machine is to be able to do video editing. I really like iMovie for the simple stuff and have messed around with FCP X some. Will have to buy those two programs at the app store.

Now I need to install the other 12g of RAM.

Also...do I need to enable the TRIM for this SSD drive? have not read up a ton on it...have seen it mentioned but that is it.

Once again a HUGE thanks for the help.

Jim

It seem like boot success but can not switch to Desktop screen.

28140d1345055835-unable-boot-ssd-hd-unibeast-ml-ga-z77-ds3h-computer-002.jpg

Try to use more screen output port to see desktop screen, like DVI, HDMI, D-SUB...etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back