ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Title says it all.
I think the UD4H looks better but will it be more difficult to hackintosh with?

Other Parts:
Intel i7-4770k
Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H or UD4H (also open to UD5H)
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB)
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
EVGA GTX 780
Corsair 750D
Corsair AX860i
Seiki SE39UY04 4K 39 Inch Monitor

I wonder about the same thing too. Why isn't the UD4H listed? Have you gotten any answers yet?

Nope, no luck yet. It seems like the Overclocking and looks are better on the UD4H which is why it is a consideration.

The ONLY difference between the two other than colors, is that the UD4H has 16 phase cpu power vs 8 phase power on the UD3H.

I'm no expert, but I've read that this doesn't matter that much with Haswell. This difference is not going to affect the results of loading OSX.

I just got the UD3H and it is a sexy board. I have not loaded up OSX yet, but everything so far tells me it's an excellent mainboard. I am using the 4771 as I have no desire to overclock the CPU (and the 4771 is what you would get in a new iMac if you got the i7 option)

The question is - Can I use a UD4H without problems in OSX?

View attachment 73082
Notice the number of SATA ports is different. Not shown in my screen grab, the UD3H has a single optical audio connection. The UD4H also has a coax connection.
You may need to confirm that because this compare is from a vendor's website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added:
I tried to verify this info I got from the vendor's web site by checking the Gigabyte site. The Gigabyte site has a compare feature too. I could not find any differences using that compare tool.

Because you mentioned that the UD5H is a possibility I checked the differences of that board with the UD4H board using the Gigabyte compare tool. The Z87x-UD5H has Support for firewire, a second LAN chip, a second HDMI port, 2 advanced audio features called X-Fi Extreme Fidelity and EAX ADvanced HD 5.0 and 2 additional Marvell 88SE9230 SATA 6Gb/s ports.

Added: I found out the info on the vendors site was incorrect. Guess I learned always check with the manufacturer.

anybody else?

It looks like the UD4H is on the buyers guide now -
Some people seem to be having a couple problems - You'd probably have a better time getting the UD3H but you could try the UD4H. I would like to see another poster's opinion though.

I found out the info on the vendor's site was incorrect. In the future I'll refer to the manufacturer's data if available.
You mentioned there are issues with the GA-Z87X-UD4H. Where can I find out about these. I just bought the GA-Z87X-UD5H. I saw a post in this forum that a user had a straight forward install with that and a 4770K.
Haven't taken it out of the box yet. Shall it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back