Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 590
Hello,
I am having problems installing the UAD Apollo twin x (Thunderbolt 3)
Hope to find some help here, thanks to your similar experiences and the geniuses that frequent this place!

Equipment:
Motherboard Gygabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9-10850K processor
Graphics Gigabyte RX590
GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 flashed to Mac use.
UAD Apollo Twin X Heritage Ed.
Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable

Encountered problem:
A sort of crackle appears randomly on the main output. The sound distorts and sizzles strongly.
Difficult to describe precisely what is happening but it seems that it acts mainly on the medium frequencies and less on the low and high frequencies.
It would also seem that the distortion and the crackles occur more often and more strongly when the source (Youtube or Logic Pro, Protools etc…) is stronger (without saturating I specify). For example, it looks like this doesn't happen if no player is started.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem? Is it resolved?
Thank you very much in advance
greetings

I've had this kind of degradation before when switching between different projects with different sample rates. It appears to be random. Restart your machine whenever this happens.
Hello and thank you for your answer.
I had also come to this point.
It works with its drawbacks.
What can this problem come from?
Is there a way to fix it definitively?

I'm now using 48 KHz for everything: VSL, Pro Tools, Logic. It's the standard delivery sample rate. I'm avoiding using Aggregate Audio Devices (Apollo 8 only) and I've gone so far as to set everything the "sames" to reduce pointless stress on my system. It's running great. FWIW, I'm routing all audio through the UAD Console's Virtual Channels.

Attachments

• Sound Input.png
    Sound Input.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Sound Output.png
    Sound Output.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Device Config.png
    Device Config.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Feedback settings.png
    Feedback settings.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 214
I'm now using 48 KHz for everything: VSL, Pro Tools, Logic. It's the standard delivery sample rate. I'm avoiding using Aggregate Audio Devices (Apollo 8 only) and I've gone so far as to set everything the "sames" to reduce pointless stress on my system. It's running great. FWIW, I'm routing all audio through the UAD Console's Virtual Channels.
Thanks for your advices.
I do this for all my non-professional applications.
Recording in 96 gives me a better definition which I want to keep. And as long as I don't have an 8-track model like you, I would be forced to use an aggregated device.
But I have the impression that it is the same thing under windows ...

Hello,
I am having problems installing the UAD Apollo twin x (Thunderbolt 3)
Hope to find some help here, thanks to your similar experiences and the geniuses that frequent this place!

Equipment:
Motherboard Gygabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9-10850K processor
Graphics Gigabyte RX590
GC-Titan Ridge 2.0 flashed to Mac use.
UAD Apollo Twin X Heritage Ed.
Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable

Encountered problem:
A sort of crackle appears randomly on the main output. The sound distorts and sizzles strongly.
Difficult to describe precisely what is happening but it seems that it acts mainly on the medium frequencies and less on the low and high frequencies.
It would also seem that the distortion and the crackles occur more often and more strongly when the source (Youtube or Logic Pro, Protools etc…) is stronger (without saturating I specify). For example, it looks like this doesn't happen if no player is started.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem? Is it resolved?
Thank you very much in advance
greetings
Hi, I am planing on building a computer to use with the Apollo as well. What bootloader are you using? And what OS? Would you agree to sharing with me your configuration?

Thanks!

Hello,
Here is my current setup. However, I think you are on the wrong thread for your research.
If your problem is similar to mine, I have to turn my Appollo device off and back on every boot to use 96kHz.
If you want to build your own desktop, the buyer guide section of this site is great.
I appreciate my current configuration for my studio because this motherboard has many connections and quite easy to configure in hackintosh.
My configuration is complete and conforms to that of my profile.
Apollo is a great interface.
I am using OpenCore as a bootloader.
Hope I was able to help you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 22.34.47.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 22.34.47.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 138
Hello,
Here is my current setup. However, I think you are on the wrong thread for your research.
If your problem is similar to mine, I have to turn my Appollo device off and back on every boot to use 96kHz.
If you want to build your own desktop, the buyer guide section of this site is great.
I appreciate my current configuration for my studio because this motherboard has many connections and quite easy to configure in hackintosh.
My configuration is complete and conforms to that of my profile.
Apollo is a great interface.
I am using OpenCore as a bootloader.
Hope I was able to help you.
Re: Power-cycling the Apollo at boot to use 96 KHz: Is this only for 96 KHz? Do you have full powerswap/hotswap with the Apollo with lower sample rates like we have with the Z390?

Re: Power-cycling the Apollo at boot to use 96 KHz: Is this only for 96 KHz? Do you have full powerswap/hotswap with the Apollo with lower sample rates like we have with the Z390?
Hello,
Unfortunately, I am not a computer scientist, I just followed a thread to configure my machine.
Also, I speak poor English and I do not understand your question exactly.
Could you rephrase otherwise please?
I only use the Apollo at 96kHz for recording and mixing.
In 48, it would seem that the problem is also present but much less. Restarting the device resolves the problem temporarily as in 96kHz.
Under Windows, same problem but it cannot be solved at all.

I have problem with Apollo twin X on Big Sur(Clover bootloader)motherboard z390 Aorus Elite with Titan Ridge rev2.I activate hotplug with 2 x SSDT but not connect all the time sometimes connections frezze my OSX.See the image it said is connected but not have sound.Please help me to make Apollo twin X work! Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 15.11.09.png
z390 Aorus Elite.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back