Contribute
Register

U410 KP after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for use on UEFI motherboards with locked MSRs from the latest Multibeast. I upgraded my bootloader to the latest Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard, and am injecting graphics now with patch from your repo for HD4000 low res. QE/CI is working tested with Chess and getting a ripple effect on dashboard when not loaded as a space. I tried the battery patch for Ux10 but not seeing any change in the battery information being reported.

For battery status you need the DSDT patches and also ACPIBatteryManager.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

I know that I want to deviate as little as possible from the stock kexts as this is best from both a performance standpoint and for ease of update. Question, is kext for ethernet that I installed AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from Multibeast 5.5.2 a patched kext?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is the stock kext from Snow Leopard. Apple provides source code to that kext, so it might be re-built/modified.

There are probably better choices for Reaktek Ethernet...

Is ethernet possibly something I could get working without that kext? Can you please advise what I could/should/might be able to do with only DSDT patching and what will require patching and/or installing kexts?

What Ethernet chip do you have? Use DPCIManager to get your device id.

Here is what I have setup so far not getting a panic at boot and the internal display is working. HDMI out is working but I think that is only if connected at boot (need to verify). I am using SMBios for MacBookAir5,2. Please take a look below...

MaciASL v 1.3 set to ACPI 5.0.

Having CPU power management working and internal display with QE/CI working is a great start. Many people struggle with that for quite a while, even though most of the time it is quite simple...

SSDT from MaciASL -> Tools -> Generate SSDT -> TDP:17W, Max Turbo Freq: 3100

You can do that but it will give you a Sandy Bridge SSDT, not Ivy. To get Ivy Bridge power management, see the stick on the subject at the top of this forum.

DSDT from MacIASL File -> New from ACPI -> DSDT; Applied HD4000 low res

That is a good way to enable HD4000...

From bdmesg:
Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2263) [2013-09-19 22:31:46]
msr(392): platform_info e0011900
msr(396): flex_ratio 00110000
Unusable flex ratio detected. Patched MSR now 00100000
Sticking with [BCLK: 99Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 250]
CPU: Brand String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz
CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily: 0x756e6547/0x6/0x0
CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping: 0x3a/0x3/0x9
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef: 0x0/0x19
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv: 0x0/0x0
CPU: TSCFreq: 2494MHz
CPU: FSBFreq: 99MHz
CPU: CPUFreq: 2494MHz
CPU: NoCores/NoThreads: 2/4
CPU: Features: 0x000002ff
Customizing SystemID with : 8912cdab-3724-a40a-f485-089e018115d5
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 45804 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 942 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT-1.aml
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
RSDT: Added 1 SSDT table(s)
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Added 1 SSDT table(s) into XSDT
Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=2A7D4530-1CCD-35C0-8C0E-78F096BF40AB rd=*uuid darkwake=0 -v

You might consider removing the darkwake=0 from org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I haven't seen need for it...

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, I just confirmed that HDMI out is functioning as a secondary display only if connected at boot. If connected at boot I am able to add and remove. Otherwise, I am unable to add. Suspect this is not uncommon..

Does Detect Displays from SysPrefs->Displays work? (hold down Option to see it).

What Ethernet chip do you have? Use DPCIManager to get your device id.
On the status page of DPCIManager ethernet is being displayed as RTL8105E; So as you said there probably is a better one. I liked the performance of lnx2macs driver on my desktop, but I dont think it will support this chip.
69656-dpciman.jpg

Having CPU power management working and internal display with QE/CI working is a great start. Many people struggle with that for quite a while, even though most of the time it is quite simple...
Yeah, the great thing is MaciASL and the ability to use repos. I'm sure it has been a game changer. Not to mention all the things natively supported in 10.8 (power, onboard graphics, nvidia 6xx). Not sure when MaciASL was released but I attempted this earlier in the year with 10.8.3 and gave up because I couldnt get the graphics to work. The new Intel HD Graphics boot flags in Chimera make it fairly simple! --The boot flag is essentially patching the DSDT that is being loaded right?

You can do that but it will give you a Sandy Bridge SSDT, not Ivy. To get Ivy Bridge power management, see the stick on the subject at the top of this forum.
I discovered that; X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded under CPU0; going the probook installer route now to generate an ssdt, is this the same as the ssdtPRGen gen method?

That is a good way to enable HD4000...
Question: To confirm my understanding, enabling HD4000 this way will mean that my graphics wont be affected by an update? IGPEnabler and IGPDeviceID don't work with Chameleon and are Chimera specific?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the status page of DPCIManager ethernet is being displayed as RTL8105E; So as you said there probably is a better one. I liked the performance of lnx2macs driver on my desktop, but I dont think it will support this chip.
69656-dpciman.jpg

Not as many choices as I thought. There is slice's RealtekR1000SL. lnx2mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext and Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext do not support that device.

Yeah, the great thing is MaciASL and the ability to use repos. I'm sure it has been a game changer. Not to mention all the things natively supported in 10.8 (power, onboard graphics, nvidia 6xx). Not sure when MaciASL was released but I attempted this earlier in the year with 10.8.3 and gave up because I couldnt get the graphics to work.

Yes, MaciASL is excellent. It is just a relief to have something that is native (not Java).

The new Intel HD Graphics boot flags in Chimera make it fairly simple! --The boot flag is essentially patching the DSDT that is being loaded right?

The Chimera boot flags are great for a lot of cases, but unfortunately cannot be used if the system uses a dual-link display (usually used on LVDS displays higher resolution that 1366x768).

It is not patching the DSDT. It is actually using EFI injection same as device-properties.

I discovered that; X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded under CPU0; going the probook installer route now to generate an ssdt, is this the same as the ssdtPRGen gen method?

Yes... Sandy Bridge PM with Sandy SSDT...

Question: To confirm my understanding, enabling HD4000 this way will mean that my graphics wont be affected by an update? IGPEnabler and IGPDeviceID don't work with Chameleon and are Chimera specific?

Yes, DSDT trickery generally works regardless of system changes. Because we are changing things outside of the system.

And yes IGPEnabler and IGPPlatformID are Chimera specific. Chameleon has flags that are different but do the same thing.

Not as many choices as I thought. There is slice's RealtekR1000SL. lnx2mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext and Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext do not support that device.

I guess I will stick with the driver I am using for now, its seems a little slow but streaming 1080p youtube video is working just fine, the chip isnt GbE so the speeds might be normal. I am less experienced with rating a wired connection. I have a USB wifi dongle but don't know the chipset off the top of my head, hopefully I can get that working. I need to reference the manual's FRUs for a half mini pcie card that is compatible.

Yes, MaciASL is excellent. It is just a relief to have something that is native (not Java).
I'm not a developer, but Java in general leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Does Detect Displays from SysPrefs->Displays work? (hold down Option to see it).

It is working now, did not need to use Detect Displays; removing all of the boot flags for graphics from org.chameleon.boot.plist appears to have been the solution. HD4000 100% functional using only the DSDT injection for low res. QE/CI, HDMI out is working independent of connection status at boot.

Removing the darkwake boot-flag had no observable effect.
Thanks again.

PS2Keyboard and Trackpad functional, trackpad seems a little jittery, might be imagining it?

VoodooPS2Controller.kext, v1.8.8, Built 2013-09-13 installed with VoodooPS2Daemon per instructions in the wiki

Download:
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/list
Wiki:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

A good choice if your trackpad is Synaptics... Check ioreg to see if VoodooPS2SynapticsTrackpad is loaded.

trackpad seems a little jittery, might be imagining it?
Went back to the wiki, removed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext
Although I didnt see them in finder when I went to /S/L/E/ to begin with, and I never had another PS2 controller installed, when I restarted I am not observing the "jitteryness" I saw before.

Tested and Confirmed Sleep is functioning with no issues, using lan, ps2, and battery kexts. No issues with either after returning from sleep.

Went back to the wiki, removed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext
Although I didnt see them in finder when I went to /S/L/E/ to begin with, and I never had another PS2 controller installed, when I restarted I am not observing the "jitteryness" I saw before.

I'm surprised it worked at all. Things get unpredictable with multiple PS2 kexts present...

- - - Updated - - -

I think this looks right :)
69679-trackpad.jpg

Yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back