Graphics
Gigabyte ATI HD6850 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am doing my first hackintosh build and have ordered all my hardware apart from the screen. Graphics card ordered; Gigabyte ATI HD6850 1GB and will be running i7 with 8gb ram.

I want to know is there any difference in ordering a pc monitor or a TV screen as in refresh rate or anything I have to look out for? I am after a minimum 22inch LED screen.

I would prefer to connect my ps3 in to it in the future but its NOT a must do.

I have about £180($285) to spend on it.

Could you let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

most monitors of the same size as a HDTV are cheaper since there are no speakers or tuner.

You should have no problem using a LCD with a PS3 (most current mid-level and even low-level monitors include DVI and some also include HDMI).

The only consideration is resolution...most HDTV's max out at 1080p while monitors range from lower to higher than 1080p depending on size. I'm not sure what resolutions PS3 supports, but if the monitor supports 1080p (or even 720p??) you should be fine. Your budget should get you pretty decent monitors. Also keep in mind that you may need HDCP support in the monitor to work with PS3...I don't have one so I'm not sure if games will work but movies won't or whatever so you'll have to research that.

Or easier option is to get a 22-23" HDTV and use that with your hack...you may just need to play around with the overscan to get the image right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back