Graphics
EVGA GTX780 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a working Yosemite build with a Rampage IV Extreme (not black) on clover. I'm trying to update to the El Cap public beta but every time I boot into the installer partition (when trying to do an in place upgrade) I get a kernel panic because of appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.

I've tried putting nullcpupowermanagement into /kexts/10.11 but that doesn't seem to work. I can't figure out how to get into the partition that the installer makes to remove the kext. I tried disk utility with debug mode enabled and it doesn't show any new partitions after running the installer.

I also tried playing with the config.plist and I added rootless=0 and tried kext-dev-mode=1 but nothing helped. I've tried booting safe/verbose/without kext caches etc nothing worked, it kept kernel panicking.
I also tried making a USB stick with the installer, but that one keeps getting stuck on pci configuration.

I'm running an nvidia gtx 780 using stock apple kexts.

hi I have x79 ud5 want to do the same - haven't tried yet but just saw this on main page ----http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/172672-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html let me know how it works out for ya ;)

hi I have x79 ud5 want to do the same

gabrieljsmith1,

Hi did you succeed with installing El Cap on that board?

I am asking because I am putting together my first build and considering that board for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back