Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z4901 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
i3-10100
Hello,
I'll preface this by saying I don't have much experience with hackintoshing anything recent; my last project was a Snow Leopard install on an EeePC ten years ago. So I figured I would make things easy by just buying one of the recommended configurations from the tonymacx86 buyer's guide and following the installation guide. As such, I ordered the following components from the CustoMac Mini section, which have just arrived:
- Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra motherboard
- Intel Core i3-10100 CPU
- Crucial Budget 32GB RAM
- Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

I followed the installation guide and downloaded Catalina onto my MacBook and installed it onto a USB drive using UniBeast. I set all the BIOS options to the recommendations as far as I could find - this board doesn't have options for CFG-Lock or IO Serial Port - and booted up the USB. However, it only gets as far as the apple logo on the black screen. If I tell it to boot in verbose mode instead, it hangs on [#LOG:EXITBS:START] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

I'm not clear on how to solve this. I've seen a suggestion to boot with -f, but the version of Clover Unibeast installs doesn't let you add custom boot arguments. I've also seen suggestions to use a separate graphics card, but I don't have one (or the budget to buy one). Obviously there's a way to get this configuration working, or it wouldn't be one of the recommended configurations - any suggestions?

Hello,
I'll preface this by saying I don't have much experience with hackintoshing anything recent; my last project was a Snow Leopard install on an EeePC ten years ago. So I figured I would make things easy by just buying one of the recommended configurations from the tonymacx86 buyer's guide and following the installation guide. As such, I ordered the following components from the CustoMac Mini section, which have just arrived:
- Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra motherboard
- Intel Core i3-10100 CPU
- Crucial Budget 32GB RAM
- Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

I followed the installation guide and downloaded Catalina onto my MacBook and installed it onto a USB drive using UniBeast. I set all the BIOS options to the recommendations as far as I could find - this board doesn't have options for CFG-Lock or IO Serial Port - and booted up the USB. However, it only gets as far as the apple logo on the black screen. If I tell it to boot in verbose mode instead, it hangs on [#LOG:EXITBS:START] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

I'm not clear on how to solve this. I've seen a suggestion to boot with -f, but the version of Clover Unibeast installs doesn't let you add custom boot arguments. I've also seen suggestions to use a separate graphics card, but I don't have one (or the budget to buy one). Obviously there's a way to get this configuration working, or it wouldn't be one of the recommended configurations - any suggestions?
Unibeast as it is now is not compatible with Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have.

You will have to use OpenCore (or Clover 5124 and later) as the bootloader if you want to try to install MacOS on your system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back