Contribute
Register

Trying to keep the cost down. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Windows 7 a must? Because you could leave it out for now and save up and buy it later. :)

Did you get all your components already? There is a good deal on the MSI Z77 motherboard on Newegg for $65 after rebates(check out kduvernay thread on z77 mobos). If you have a micro center near you, they are selling the 3570k for $189+tax and if you really want to stay with gigabyte mobo you can bundle with CPU for 49.99+tax.

For ram GSkill ripjaws are on sale for $35 for 8 gigs on newegg.

Last I checked Kingston hyperx 120gb ssd was on sale @ staples for $75. If you can score a 25 off 75 coupon you could get it for around $60. Also read the hyperx performs better than ssdnow.

Corsair cx430 can be had for $25-35 after rebate as they go back and forth between $10 and $20 rebates.

My current build with CPU, mobo, memory, ssd, case, PSU comes to $435 not including cost of OS, trackpad, wifi, video card, Bluetooth. With i3-3225, it comes to a whopping $370 (the new PovoMac?). If you don't game HD4000 should be ok and you can always add video card later if needed when a better price comes along.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I just purchased some of your recommendations. So thank you!!!

You might have missed out on ram and Msi mobo deals as those died in last few days. Micro enter deal should still be good. What did you end up getting?
For PSU I wound up getting a coolermaster gx450 for $30 AR, but shoulda went for corsair cx430 or 500. Seems better reviewed and cost $35 and $30 AR respectively.

For power supply I got cx500. I am planning on taking punctures of my build in a sec.

I just built my computer with many of same parts from newegg.

I picked up a Kingston 120gb Ssd from staples on line 65 by using a 25 percent off 75 online coupon I got off eBay.

My problem is I don't have access to a Mac to make iBoot drive. Anybody selling theres? I'll trade windows 7 for one.

I might have to buy a Mac to make a one. Then return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back