Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have just created a Hackintosh computer. I have a 3TB secondary hard drive which disk utility will not let me format. I have no internal disk drive to run my old snow leopard install disk in order to run the old disk utility to reformat the 3TB hard drive.

Does anyone know a work around for formating a 3TB hard drive in Mavericks?

Thanks orm1982 :confused:

View attachment 137886

I have just created a Hackintosh computer. I have a 3TB secondary hard drive which disk utility will not let me format. I have no internal disk drive to run my old snow leopard install disk in order to run the old disk utility to reformat the 3TB hard drive.

Does anyone know a work around for formating a 3TB hard drive in Mavericks?

Thanks orm1982 :confused:

View attachment 137886
What is the format type your are trying to use?
GPT+, MSDOS FAT, EXT4, etc.?

I would love to create a Mac OS Extended journal. I've got a small solid state drive for OSX and apps and wanted a larger disk drive for storing work (I'm a video editor).

I would love to create a Mac OS Extended journal. I've got a small solid state drive for OSX and apps and wanted a larger disk drive for storing work (I'm a video editor).

Open disk utility, select the HDD in the left pane. click on the dropdown menu to select the number of partitions, click on the options button and select GUID partition tables, click in the box and name the drive, select OS X Extended (Journaled) from the format dropdown selection and click format. Should be no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back