Contribute
Register

—Trinity CustoMac Mini: Core i3-2105 • GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Customized my "About this Mac" entries thanks to this guide.

—Most excellent...

(here's the .icns file if anyone's interested View attachment CustoMacmini.icns.zip)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-06 at 7.50.01 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-06 at 7.50.01 PM copy.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 3,095
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice job, SamAxe! :thumbup: tonymacx86 is also keen on it. :lol:

—Finally got my hands on an SSD :headbang: (added to build). Now I have to decide on the best way to partition it, or if partitioning it is even a good idea. I find myself rarely using Windows these days, but I still want to keep some flexibility. Gonna use this in conjunction with my 1TB Seagate HDD. I'm thinking SSD for the bare OSs, and HDD for user files and backups.
2013-02-08 14.50.27.jpg

—Trinity CustoMac Mini: Core i3-2105 • GA-H67N-USB3-B3 • ATI

—I was able to triple boot OS X and Ubuntu with Windows 8. It was pretty much trial and error of installing and uninstalling operating systems, but I toggled the EFI setting in the BIOS from ON to Auto a bunch of times until it took. Some online reading lead me to believe this was attributed to some new "secure boot" feature for Windows 8. But whatevs, triple booting again on my spanking new SSD.

:headbang:

were u ever able to get 10.8.4 to work with ur build?

I am trying now (with 10.8.4) with the same mb and cpu and i'm getting kernal panic.

2013-07-17 21.09.01.jpg

When i inject this DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml

Also, the only multibeast options i selected were Audio (ALC889) and Network (Linx2Mac Realtek)

Have u tried? Any ideas? Thanks.

—I haven't bothered to upgrade since things were going pretty good, well up until my SSD failed this week (damn you OCZ). I would point out that the *BIOS has been updated to F9, and there's a DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI available in downloads. I've updaed my BIOS & DSDT to F9 but I'm still running Lion. I'd also explore more options in Multibeast (I'm assuming you're using the one for Mountain Lion), things like 3rd party SATA, and the power management patches/rollback kexts under miscellaneous (sorry I don't have a screen grab right now I'm waiting for OCZ to RMA my drive). Just a stab in the dark, but your system seems to be hung up on the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, maybe there's a rollback to a slightly earlier version. See *here. Hope that helps somewhat.

Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 2.26.09 AM.jpg

"" Patched Apple Intel CPU Management -
Operating system version-specific replacement /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for use on UEFI motherboards with locked MSRs. It removes the requirement of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent kernel panic at boot which it will delete as part of the install. ""

I have no idea if this board is a "UEFI motherboards with locked MSRs" ??

..and The definitions of those rollbacks makes me think they are not necessary for me. i dunno tho.

Tonymac has this build (listed) also. He should update it, I don't want to go back to that long process of updating leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back