Contribute
Register

Trial and Errored. Still errored... Any help? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-PRO
CPU
Intel i5-4690k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys! I will just straight out say the facts. :problem:

I tried installing full OSX Mavericks on my computer to dual boot with Windows... Didn't work.

My Build:

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (Non-Wifi)
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (Not overclocked)
CPU: Intel i5-4690k (Not overclocked)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB (2x4GB)
Storage (RAID 0):
SanDisk X110 SSD, 128GB
WD Velociraptor, 500GB

I tried doing all the recommended BIOS settings, but to no avail. When I inserted the completed Unibeast Flash Drive and booted to it, the system just totally skipped the USB and went into Windows 8.1! I did boot from the boot menu, so boot priority didn't matter at the time. I want to keep the SATA mode to RAID 0, but boot a Mac OS X partition in a portable hard drive.

If it was an issue with not changing to AHCI, please let me know. However, if there is any chance of keeping RAID 0 (too addicted to the super performance) setup and have the Mavericks part on a portable hard drive I would really want to know how.

I did see a few threads stating that this motherboard didn't like booting to that kind of a USB, but those were similar models not exactly the same (WIFI, Deluxe etc.)

If there is any advice, guide you could give me to successfully dual-boot Windows 8.1 (main) and OSX Mavericks (portable HDD) I would really appreciate it. The last resort for me would be to completely wipe my drives and install OSX on mainly, with Windows 8.1 as bootcamp.

I am in a tie sorta... Should I if possible,

a) Windows 8.1-RAID 0/Mac OSX-Portable HDD somehow with the SATA mode to what exactly?
b) Mac OSX-RAID 0/Windows 8.1-Bootcamped from OSX **LAST RESORT**
c) Windows 8.1-HDD (Registry edited for AHCI)/OSX-SSD
d) Any suggestions or ideas or anything? (DESPERATION TAKES OVER!)

DEFINITELY NOT BUYING A NEW RIG!

Thanks! I appreciate all answers and suggestions throughout this thread. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Testing on VirtualBox, it worked there. Now why...

Sorry for double posting.

Should I retry it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back