Contribute
Register

Total Hackintosh Noob - Windows Building Veteran - Z77-DS3H STUCK AT SPINNING WHEEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SPECS:

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Intel i3 3225
Sandisk SDSSDX-120G-G25
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ

So basically I used unibeast to install the OS and I got that far. Right now I can boot to the OS on the SSD, but
it sits at the gray screen/spinning wheel.

I've looked up so many threads but I'm not sure which solution fits mine. I've adjusted the BIOS as instructed.

I'm not sure how to actually boot with -v or -x, or any of the other terms used - so be gentle :) Not even sure what those do.

Thank you for anything you can do to get me through this! :)

When you get to the Chimera screen, just touch the space bar, the type in your -v -x etc. You only have a couple of seconds to do that, so stay alert.

since u didnt add gfx card u need boot flag GraphicsEnabler=YES

Ok, so I can boot into the OS when doing -x -v

But when i try to boot normally this is what happens during the boot:

Screenshot 1 Error.jpg

Ok, so I can boot into the OS when doing -x -v

But when i try to boot normally this is what happens during the boot:

View attachment 60313

Your screen photo is too small for anyone to read. Make sure you test your own posts to be sure what you post is usable.

How do you do that? Sorry.. super new to this so a lot of these terms are a little foreign to me, especially coming from a PC background. Been using MAC's for editing for years, but never had to go this in depth to editing files, boots, etc... :) Home built issues :)

How do you do that? Sorry.. super new to this so a lot of these terms are a little foreign to me, especially coming from a PC background. Been using MAC's for editing for years, but never had to go this in depth to editing files, boots, etc... :) Home built issues :)

Since you can boot with safe mode, do that, then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions with Finder (use Go -> Go to Folder...), and drag it to the trash. You will have to validate with admin password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back