Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help. I have been searching all over and cant find anything in regards to my setup.

Here are my specs
Gigabyte z77x-up5-th
Gigabyte GTX 670
120GB SSD
2TB HDD
16GB Vengeance Ram

Im actually posting this from the computer after initial installation of OSX.

My problem is whenever I install stuff from Multibeast(based on others builds with similar setup) It will no longer boot. Not from the SSD. Then I have to reinstall OSX all over again.

What am I doing wrong here? Also what stuff should I be installing from multibeast based on my specs.

BTW I havent gotten my GTX 670 going yet because I dont have a DVI cable yet. HDMI obviously doesnt work so im just using VGA from the Motherboard.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is my first Hack build.

Thanks for this great site!

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help. I have been searching all over and cant find anything in regards to my setup.

Here are my specs
Gigabyte z77x-up5-th
Gigabyte GTX 670
120GB SSD
2TB HDD
16GB Vengeance Ram

Im actually posting this from the computer after initial installation of OSX.

My problem is whenever I install stuff from Multibeast(based on others builds with similar setup) It will no longer boot. Not from the SSD. Then I have to reinstall OSX all over again.

What am I doing wrong here? Also what stuff should I be installing from multibeast based on my specs.

BTW I havent gotten my GTX 670 going yet because I dont have a DVI cable yet. HDMI obviously doesnt work so im just using VGA from the Motherboard.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is my first Hack build.

Thanks for this great site!
What do you mean by "it doesn't boot"?

If i install stuff from multibeast, I still have to go through unibeast boot loader and once it gets to apple logo it just sits there. No loading indicator or anything.

If i install stuff from multibeast, I still have to go through unibeast boot loader and once it gets to apple logo it just sits there. No loading indicator or anything.

Try to boot using -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No (Case Sensitive). In case still u don't get desktop, post photos where u get stuck.

I Tried booting using the code you listed and it stopped at this.

I even followed a video on youtube form a guy with the same motherboard and processor and still doesnt load after installing stuff from multi beast.

Another thing to is since i'm only using motherboard graphics its only outputing 1024x768 while in the OS before multibeast.

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    770.7 KB · Views: 73
I Tried booting using the code you listed and it stopped at this.

I even followed a video on youtube form a guy with the same motherboard and processor and still doesnt load after installing stuff from multi beast.

Another thing to is since i'm only using motherboard graphics its only outputing 1024x768 while in the OS before multibeast.

What kext and other stuff installed from multibeast?

What is your system defination?

I've tried booting using -v and it locks up here.
image.jpg

I've also tried -x and it starts to load at the apple screen. Shows spinning icon and a progress bar but the bar goes away at about half way and then spinning icon freezes.

I thought I bought all the recommended hardware and stuff but this seems to be a lot more difficult than I thought.

Ok so here is a video of the complete setup!
[video=youtube;tGfb0_fsbgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfb0_fsbgY[/video]

Well it looks like I may have figured out the problem.

I unpluged the VGA cable that was going to my monitor because that was the only thing that would work when first setting up the computer.
I went ahead and plugged in an hdmi cable into the motherboard and Bingo!! It boots up and take advantage of the HD4000.

But i'm scared now because I want to use my GTX670 but am afraid its going to go all downhill again!

In fact I'm posting this from the hackintosh

Ok so here is a video of the complete setup!
[video=youtube;tGfb0_fsbgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfb0_fsbgY[/video]

Well it looks like I may have figured out the problem.

I unpluged the VGA cable that was going to my monitor because that was the only thing that would work when first setting up the computer.
I went ahead and plugged in an hdmi cable into the motherboard and Bingo!! It boots up and take advantage of the HD4000.

But i'm scared now because I want to use my GTX670 but am afraid its going to go all downhill again!

In fact I'm posting this from the hackintosh

I think you removed GTX 670 and booted through HDMI on HD4000...now install GTX 670 again and boot through it..i mean..connect HDMI cable on GTX 670 and not on MOBO port.

This will work. I am sure... Bec I have experienced same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back