Contribute
Register

Toshiba E45-B4200 (Non Touch screen) Yosemite install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rehabman!
I copied config.list (renamed from 4400_4600.plist) to \EFI\CLOVER) on the HDD. After doing this, booting from HDD stalls the progress bar half way thru. Don't know what could be the reason. Also, I'm seeing jitters in the display and the Finder menu seems to be washed out. I think I'm seeing graphics issues.

how do I solve this?

Also, for mouse support, do I need to install Voodoo PS2 kext?

btw, keyboard backlighting is natively working.

thanks.

Thanks Rehabman!
I copied config.list (renamed from 4400_4600.plist) to \EFI\CLOVER) on the HDD. After doing this, booting from HDD stalls the progress bar half way thru. Don't know what could be the reason.

Boot verbose to troubleshoot. Perhaps you forgot FakeSMC.kext...

Also, my guide doesn't have a "4400_4600.plist"...

Also, I'm seeing jitters in the display and the Finder menu seems to be washed out. I think I'm seeing graphics issues.

Try the "9mb cursor bytes patch". It is disabled in my example config.plist and can be easily enabled (remove 'disabled:').

Also, for mouse support, do I need to install Voodoo PS2 kext?

There is no mouse support in VoodooPS2Controller.kext, unless you happen to be using an external PS2 mouse (most laptops do not have an external PS2 port). But it does provide support for the internal PS2 keyboard and trackpad.

I have installed Mavericks instead of Yosemite for my development work.

Thanks to you on resolving the display issues in Finder. Now, I can boot independently and external monitor is not required. The boot time is still little bit lagging.

This laptop comes with backlit keyboard which is working natively.

For wifi, I bought D-Link DWA-171 USB nano wireless adapter which works pretty good with the driver available on D-Link site.

The following is not working and need your help.

1. Synaptics Touchpad isn't working. When I go to Mouse under System Preferences, I'm seeing "No Mouse found". Where do I get the Synaptics touchpad driver for Mavericks?. I don't have a external mouse connected.

2. Battery - status

3. Power Management (no idea what should be done here)

4. Turn ON/OFF Bluetooth. Bluetooth is turned on by default and not able to turn it off.

5. Brightness controls

6. Function keys

7. Audio

8. SD Card reader

Please help.

I have installed Mavericks instead of Yosemite for my development work.

Thanks to you on resolving the display issues in Finder. Now, I can boot independently and external monitor is not required. The boot time is still little bit lagging.

This laptop comes with backlit keyboard which is working natively.

For wifi, I bought D-Link DWA-171 USB nano wireless adapter which works pretty good with the driver available on D-Link site.

The following is not working and need your help.

1. Synaptics Touchpad isn't working. When I go to Mouse under System Preferences, I'm seeing "No Mouse found". Where do I get the Synaptics touchpad driver for Mavericks?. I don't have a external mouse connected.

2. Battery - status

3. Power Management (no idea what should be done here)

4. Turn ON/OFF Bluetooth. Bluetooth is turned on by default and not able to turn it off.

5. Brightness controls

6. Function keys

7. Audio

8. SD Card reader

Please help.

Synaptics: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

For the card reader there is VoodooSDHC.kext, but it usually doesn't work.

Thanks RehabMan.

I wanted to fix one at a time :)

Looking into Synaptics for touchpad, I looked into the downloads link and totally confused on which one should I use. Is it going to be 1.8.2 even though mine is a Toshiba Satellite and not a ProBook? Also, this will be my first time fix, so do I need to remove the existing Apple ones?

Btw, with respect to FakeSMC, I'm using your version that came out in Oct 2014 and not kozlek's.

Thanks.

Thanks RehabMan.

I wanted to fix one at a time :)

Looking into Synaptics for touchpad, I looked into the downloads link and totally confused on which one should I use. Is it going to be 1.8.2 even though mine is a Toshiba Satellite and not a ProBook? Also, this will be my first time fix, so do I need to remove the existing Apple ones?

Btw, with respect to FakeSMC, I'm using your version that came out in Oct 2014 and not kozlek's.

Thanks.

Use the latest build.

Thanks Rehabman.

Couple of updates:

1. For the Synaptics touchpad, I did as per the install instructions and did Repair permissions and still no go. When I clicked on Mouse from System Preferences, I'm getting "No Mouse found" and "wait for a Bluetooth mouse to be discovered, or connect a USB mouse.".

How do I fix this?

2. Sleep seems to work natively although coming back from sleep disconnects the flash drive from the USB prematurely and seeing warnings on the screen that the drives not properly ejected. Also, getting "Bluetooth keyboard Setup assistant" popup dialog each time coming back from sleep. How do I resolve this?. As I had mentioned in my previous mail, I'm unable to turn off Bluetooth (button is disabled).

Thanks.

Thanks Rehabman.

Couple of updates:

1. For the Synaptics touchpad, I did as per the install instructions and did Repair permissions and still no go. When I clicked on Mouse from System Preferences, I'm getting "No Mouse found" and "wait for a Bluetooth mouse to be discovered, or connect a USB mouse.".

How do I fix this?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

2. Sleep seems to work natively although coming back from sleep disconnects the flash drive from the USB prematurely and seeing warnings on the screen that the drives not properly ejected. Also, getting "Bluetooth keyboard Setup assistant" popup dialog each time coming back from sleep. How do I resolve this?. As I had mentioned in my previous mail, I'm unable to turn off Bluetooth (button is disabled).

The USB "eject" problem is quite common. No fix that I know of...

As for the BT assistant, SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced, uncheck the boxes.

View attachment Toshiba E45-B4200.ioregView attachment RehabMan.zip

I'm attaching 2 files for your reference:

Patchmatic extract: RehabMan.zip
ioreg dump: Toshiba E45-B4200.ioreg

I ran the two kextstat commands as you had suggested and here's the output:

12 2 0xffffff7f81b5a000 0x5f000 0x5f000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I'm not getting any output when I ran this:

Thanks.

View attachment 122728View attachment 122729

I'm attaching 2 files for your reference:

Patchmatic extract: RehabMan.zip
ioreg dump: Toshiba E45-B4200.ioreg

I ran the two kextstat commands as you had suggested and here's the output:

12 2 0xffffff7f81b5a000 0x5f000 0x5f000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I'm not getting any output when I ran this:

Thanks.

The ioreg shows Synaptics trackpad driver loaded and working.

Your AppleACPIPlatform.kext is wrong for Yosemite.

You should probably do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back