Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Z68X-UD3H system, I have 16GB of memory and using the on-board graphics. The system run fine with Mavericks, but would generate the "deadbeef" errors unless I used the "maxmem=8192" boot flag. Bummer! After running out of things to try, I ran the system using the "maxmem=8192" boot flag for several months. Then, I put in a graphics card and turned off the on-board graphics in the BIOS. BINGO! It now boots into Yosemite using 16GB of memory and runs w/o getting the "deadbeef" error.

So, first, make sure you are running the latest version of the BIOS. Second, make sure the on-board, integrated graphics is turned off in the BIOS. Then, if that doesn't work, set the X.M.P. to Disable. I don't think you'll need the nVidia Yosemite web drivers with the GTX 760 as the 760 has been supported in OS X since 10.7.5.

Hi All,

I've had this build for awhile and it's worked great, but yesterday I had a power outage and the computer went off. It's happened before without any negative consequences. When I went to boot up this morning it go stuck on the Apple logo and wouldn't boot. The bar beneath would slowly get to half-way then stop. I booted in safe mode and that works. I repaired permissions and restarted - didn't work. I repaired again then used multi-beast and that didn't work. Any thoughts on to what's going on?

Hi All,

I've had this build for awhile and it's worked great, but yesterday I had a power outage and the computer went off. It's happened before without any negative consequences. When I went to boot up this morning it go stuck on the Apple logo and wouldn't boot. The bar beneath would slowly get to half-way then stop. I booted in safe mode and that works. I repaired permissions and restarted - didn't work. I repaired again then used multi-beast and that didn't work. Any thoughts on to what's going on?

The most likely cause giving the symptoms would be the impact on the BIOS. Most probably been reset to factory default. Check that your settings for Init Display First is IGFX. If its set to PCI then it would give you the hang on boot. Set it to IGFX, press F10 save and exit, test boot.

The most likely cause giving the symptoms would be the impact on the BIOS. Most probably been reset to factory default. Check that your settings for Init Display First is IGFX. If its set to PCI then it would give you the hang on boot. Set it to IGFX, press F10 save and exit, test boot.

It was on PCI. Changed it to IGFX but still no luck.

It was on PCI. Changed it to IGFX but still no luck.

Boot with -v and take a clear picture, post it here. You ran MultiBeast again, what is in your org.chamelon.Boot.plist. Are you still running Mavericks?

Boot with -v and take a clear picture, post it here. You ran MultiBeast again, what is in your org.chamelon.Boot.plist. Are you still running Mavericks?

IMG_20150604_135231.jpg

For multibeast I ran the Mavericks.mb in the OP. I'm on Yosemite, but haven't had problems with that before.

View attachment 139940

For multibeast I ran the Mavericks.mb in the OP. I'm on Haswell, but haven't had problems with that before.

Do you have another drive connected? External drive used for backups. If so disconnect all drives and try booting with the your single OS X installation drive.

Do you have another drive connected? External drive used for backups. If so disconnect all drives and try booting with the your single OS X installation drive.

Ive got 3 HDs in the computer. One main, a secondary, then a backup. Should I unplug internally when its off?

Ive got 3 HDs in the computer. One main, a secondary, then a backup. Should I unplug internally when its off?

For now with the power off disconnect the other drives and test boot. The secondary drive is? and third a Time Machine back up?

For now with the power off disconnect the other drives and test boot. The secondary drive is? and third a Time Machine back up?

My main drive is 120GB SSD. Secondary is for file storage. 3rd is Time machine. I'll do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back