Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

Since Apple drop firewire support... my FW UAD Satellite will not longer work with Ventura
I understand I only have 2 choices :
- staying with Catalina and FW (but some my other software need MacOS upgrade....)
- buying a new UAD ... with USB or Thunderbolt connection

As my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z490X-Gaming X) does not have any thunderbolt ports...
is a PCIe/thunderbolt card can work with the UAD thunderbolt connexion ?
If yes, please let me know if you have advice about this and also a PCIe brand to get

Many thanks

I would go with a Titan Ridge card if I read correctly on some audio forums (Gearspace) instead of the newer Maple Ridge. Feel free to correct me someone…

Better to go with a Gigabyte like: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-TITAN-RIDGE-rev-20#kf

Preferably one with the header cable included as I don’t know if it’s easily available as a spare.

Saw this: « Gigabyte TITAN Ridge Rev2 Dual Thunderbolt 3 Card for Z490 H470 Series 3 Ports USB-C 40 Gb/s DisplayPort 1.2 4K Daisy-chain up to 12 Devices ».

Here (out of stock, but look on eBay): https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/produc...s?shpxid=be484920-6069-4308-9a7f-7225a2cfc5f9

Then, you’ll probably have to search here for necessary kexts and/or ACPI (.aml) files and enable AppleVTD.

Last edited:
Thank you !
Some others users have confimed the "no go" to Maple ridge.
Issue is maple ridge is discontinued,
Second hands are over priced.

Last edited:
Thank you !
Some others users have confimed the "no go" to Maple ridge.
Issue is maple ridge is discontinued,
Second hands are over priced.
You meant « Titan Ridge » is discontinued I guess. I don’t know what you consider overpriced but I see two on eBay right now from the States: one is 180 US before shipping and the other, 280 US. There is one under 100 US but without any cables…

Last edited:
Yes, my bad , "titan ridge" is discontinued.
I am looking for a régional shipping

Back