Nvidea
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
My system appears to work fine except for the thunderbolt.
When I plug in a TB drive and boot from cold, the system freezes at the log in, mouse and key board do not respond.
The LED's on the m/b change from AO to 6c (6c is not defined in the user manual)
Pressing the power button to reset, the system boots fine with the TH drive attached.

Not sure if this is relevant, but on the cold boot, as I hold the disk drive I feel it start to spin, this is when the system crashes, on the reset the disk is still spinning and does not crash.

I have the following
GA-Z77X-UP5TH
core I7 3770 not the K
16 gig ram
128 gig SSD
OS 10.8.4
no other cards in any slots
Internal graphics

Thunderbolt hard disks tried
1TB Buffalo ministration - powered from thunderbolt
LACie 3TB powered from adapter

To install I used the guide on here, using multi beast 5.3.1

Any help, appreciated

Thanks

Hi
My system appears to work fine except for the thunderbolt.
When I plug in a TB drive and boot from cold, the system freezes at the log in, mouse and key board do not respond.
The LED's on the m/b change from AO to 6c (6c is not defined in the user manual)
Pressing the power button to reset, the system boots fine with the TH drive attached.

Not sure if this is relevant, but on the cold boot, as I hold the disk drive I feel it start to spin, this is when the system crashes, on the reset the disk is still spinning and does not crash.

I have the following
GA-Z77X-UP5TH
core I7 3770 not the K
16 gig ram
128 gig SSD
OS 10.8.4
no other cards in any slots
Internal graphics

Thunderbolt hard disks tried
1TB Buffalo ministration - powered from thunderbolt
LACie 3TB powered from adapter

To install I used the guide on here, using multi beast 5.3.1

Any help, appreciated

Thanks
Any chance you thought to read the build logs of a few of us who've already got successful builds with that motherboard?

I'll help you out-click the link to my Music Studio 2.0 build in my signature and have a good read. Pay special attention in the UEFI settings section, and you'll find the answer you need to fix your problem...
:headbang:

Hi Thanks
I had used some build logs as advice, but did not come across yours. I will have chance to go over it this evening, thanks
I had already set in BIOS wake on thunderbolt to disabled but that is not the problem
The drives do work properly under win7 so I am sure the m/b and drives themselves are ok
Thanks

Hi Thanks
I had used some build logs as advice, but did not come across yours. I will have chance to go over it this evening, thanks
I had already set in BIOS wake on thunderbolt to disabled but that is not the problem
The drives do work properly under win7 so I am sure the m/b and drives themselves are ok
Thanks

Check your BIOS settings again. Sometimes after a hard lockup and power off, the BIOS settings get corrupted and the TB parameter gets set back to default (happened to me a few times)

Hi Thanks
Made a little progress
The only BIOS areas that were different were under MIT so I changed them, but left VTd = disabled for the non K CPU

The thunder bolt disks are now just temperamental as too when I power it up, around the initial "BIOS welcome" screen and everything is fine, too early or too late and the system still freezes at the login.

One area that is different is under system defs I used Mac pro 3.1 instead 0f IMAC 12.2
When I get chance I will run MB again and see if that makes a difference, but at least I can use the disks if I take care as too when I start them

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back