Contribute
Register

Thoughts on the new Acer C7 Chromebook as a possible donor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz
Graphics
XFX HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
You may or may not have heard that Acer just released a new Chromebook: the C7 for just $199.

https://play.google.com/store/devic...VfY2hyb21lVVNfMV9wcm9tb18xMzUyODI1Mjc2NzU0Il0.

I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking that this could possibly be a great donor for a hackintosh. It has an Intel Celeron 847 in which I believe is Sandy Bridge based, so it seems like it should be a possibility. No word yet on whether or not the memory is upgradable.

Thoughts?

YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT TOPIC,
anyone one agrees with him, write down here and have your voice heard.
there may one of the hackintosh expert here be interested, if punch of people wanted this

I want hackintosh on my Acer c7, I'm getting mine in 3 days from now

I'm patiently awaiting to see if anyone has had success yet...I'm also curious if the C7 has a removable processor that we could possibly upgrade...

Did you get your C7 yet? I'd really like to see if the hardware (ie. processor) could be changed out. It's entirely possible.

Hello Nichod,

Yes I already have mine! as of the first impression, it has almost everything i wanted in a notebook, from materials, harddrive space, size....
it's a great device.
unfortunately, seeing it has a locked firmware/bios, the only OSes to run on it are Chrome OS and Ubuntu 12.04.

unless if some of the hackers decided to tinker with it more, and come up with a bios such as the CR-48, a modified bios
what a dump move of Google, looking to be the next apple???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back