Contribute
Register

The HD5500 freeze issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
why hasn't anyone mention the fact the broadwell board-ids are cpu/gpu specific OOB
MBA- only 5200,5250,5600,5650 & AGPM only GT3 and GT2 GPU but only in el pbeta not yosemite
MB - only supports used by apple& AGPM only GT2 GPU
MBP - might work but its not for cpu's with the 5500

and be aware thermal profile of your device MBA7,1 is the most restrictive with performance.
it will cap the IGPU to 650 MHz then boost it 950 when needed

whereas MBA7,2 doesn't cap IGPU if within tdp its 950 if it can't sustain 950 then it will boost to 950 when needed

GPU freeze is fixed on my machine in 10.11. And I have no problem with USB ports, but seems many people have it.

Hey,
A bit of a noobish question.... I can get the 10.11 installer to work, boots and actually installs to the HDD but cant get the HDD to boot (using the installer USB for booting) and cant figure out why this is. I get the error waiting for DSMOS and then this eventually times out. how come it works for installation but doesnt for hdd boot. I think I'm using the correct FakeSMC as the installer boots.... Please help with pointers....

Hey,
A bit of a noobish question.... I can get the 10.11 installer to work, boots and actually installs to the HDD but cant get the HDD to boot (using the installer USB for booting) and cant figure out why this is. I get the error waiting for DSMOS and then this eventually times out. how come it works for installation but doesnt for hdd boot. I think I'm using the correct FakeSMC as the installer boots.... Please help with pointers....

Compare EFI/Clover on USB to EFI/Clover on HDD. Any difference in behavior HDD vs. USB is due to differences in your Clover setup.

Compare EFI/Clover on USB to EFI/Clover on HDD. Any difference in behavior HDD vs. USB is due to differences in your Clover setup.

thats the thing, I havent even managed to install clover on the hdd yet as I cant boot the hdd installation, so still at the stage of successfully installed to hdd now trying to get to the first boot into hdd to set up user account etc, hence I'm booting using the same USB i used to install (i.e. no difference in the clover)...

thats the thing, I havent even managed to install clover on the hdd yet as I cant boot the hdd installation, so still at the stage of successfully installed to hdd now trying to get to the first boot into hdd to set up user account etc, hence I'm booting using the same USB i used to install (i.e. no difference in the clover)...

Boot verbose, show photo.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 153
  • EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 165
Here they are.... booting get stuck at the attached stage....

USB related KP.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext barely worked in Yosemite and is not compatible at all with 10.11.

Also, you probably don't want the FakeSMC PlugIns. For installation, less is more.

Help with framebuffer binary patching PLEASE!
The hex in the yosemite guide is not exactly there in the el capitan's. And replacing the el capitan framebuffer kext with yosemite's is no good either.
My bios does not let me change the UEFI variable for dvmt pre-alloc, so patching the framebuffer is the only way to go for my hd5500.

Thank YOU!

Help with framebuffer binary patching PLEASE!
The hex in the yosemite guide is not exactly there in the el capitan's. And replacing the el capitan framebuffer kext with yosemite's is no good either.
My bios does not let me change the UEFI variable for dvmt pre-alloc, so patching the framebuffer is the only way to go for my hd5500.

Thank YOU!

I think masking the assertion is a bad idea... Fix DVMT-prealloc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back