Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned on 'wake by mouse' and 'wake by keyboard' in bios today, also moved FakeSMC and a couple of other kexts I hade in chameleon's /e/e to /s/l/e. And the computer has just woken fine after sleeping for 4 hours.

Probably just one of those random sporadic successful wakings but I live in hope :/

Adding the 660ti's device ID to NVDAGK100Hal.kext clearly isn't necessary to get it to work, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it did bring back proper pci info in system information (instead of the clearly incorrect "This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards.").

So I'm looking at editing this section:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x0fc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x118010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x11c010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
</string>

If I've got my conversions right these represent the following decimal numbers:
0x0fc0 is 4032
0x1180 is 4480
0x11c0 is 4544
0xffc0 is 65472

And it's said that there is no need to add a specific device ID because these are ranges, 4032 to 65472. But if that's the case here then why bother adding the second and third line, since those 4480 and 4544 are both within that range?

So I'm about to add gtx 660 ti Device ID: 0x1183, which is 4483 as a 4th line:

0x118310de&amp;0xffc0ffff

Well that went badly. Refused to boot. Had to update me secondary ML install to 10.8.2 and install nvidia drivers, then copy the NVDAGK100Hal.kext from that over. Working now, but looking at the plist in the kext now it does even have the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key! Leaves me wondering if I had an old version, or if I'd patched it with multibeast and that had changed it...

PS the calculator.app that comes with the OS has a handy conversion feature between hex and decimal.

Well, after 12 minutes considering a 650, I gave up....lol 660 welcome bake to my cart! Oh and quick question, if the rumored new iMacs have An AMD card, will the new AMD cards be supported on hackintoshes?

Hi
I have read thsi Thread but i'm still confuse.
I'm a total noob. I want to build an hackintosh with this specs:

Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K
GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H
EVGA GEFORCE GTX660 TI SUPERCLOCKED 3GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
OCZ SSD Vertex 3 Series 2,5" - 120 GB
CORSAIR 1600MHZ 16GB VENGEANCE CL9 (2X8GB) DDR3
CORSAIR PC Serie AX750W
ZALMAN Z11 PLUS

I have many doubts about the GPU. I don't know if i choose 3GB or just go with the ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU OC Top Edition and have 2GB or just choose another video card.
My goal is to have a hackintosh with OSX on the SSD for daily basis and then a windows on the 1TB for games, heavy games.
Please help me figure this out.
Thank you in advance :)
jaeras

Safest is to go with a card that has been reported as working by others already. More adventurous is to pick an untested one if that's your primary choice, test it and report to the rest of the world. Your very own contribution to the (hackintosh) community ;)

If it's your first build I 'd advise to go with option 1, though I can't tell how technical you are/want to be so maybe you do feel adventurous...

Btw, I doubt you'd see a lot of performance difference between the 2 and 3GB versions in gaming on 1 display at HD-ish resolutions.

Thanks for the fast reply but are you saying that i should by what card?

Go to the first page and choose whichever one you like

Running Gigabyte 660 Ti OC 2GB, 10.8.2 as Mac Pro 5,1.

Didn´t have to do anything other than GraphicsEnabler=No...absolute nada....it worked right out of the box !
But just to make sure I get the most out of it I installed latest nvidia drivers, cuda drivers and enabled openCL.

I'm leaning towards the asus gpu but does anybody know if the top version or the OC version of the asus gpu works in a hackintosh? On this thread it says that the asus is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back