Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the evga 660ti 2gb overclocked due to their 7 year upgradeable warranty, any reason you chose gigabyte other than cat friendly? :)

I think you can get whatever you want, but the coolers on the EVGA cards are a bit meh imho, as they use the standard Nvidia blower coolers. I don't care much for them I have to say. Asus is meant to have the quietest card out there.

Can anyone try multiple monitors?

Can anyone try multiple monitors?

It should work OOB, as long as you have a graphics card that can do it. The 660 Ti can so you're fine if that's what you're looking for

You didn't read my post above? I ran an OpenCL test and Unigen Heaven just fine on the card. So yes, it works. I don't have FCPX, so I don't know.

View attachment 28471View attachment 28472

Thanks very much. Just wondering why u are using the Mac Mini System Definition ? Doesn't that throttle performance or is it that the Mac Pro 3,1 or the iMac 12,2 doesn't work with the system ?

Yes it is. The 660 Ti is double the performance in some cases and more than double in others. It is definitely be worth saving up the money

It is also oob supported

670, awesome.

It is also oob supported

670, awesome.

Thank you. Finally, some one who gets me.

Are you getting/have one? What is it?

It should work OOB, as long as you have a graphics card that can do it. The 660 Ti can so you're fine if that's what you're looking for
I've tried to find confirmations of this but AFAIK there are no reports of Nvidia triple display successes on this forum. Please correct me if there are (and I will get a 660ti/670 right away!). AMD does it but my 6870 is bottlenecking my system...

Thanks very much. Just wondering why u are using the Mac Mini System Definition ? Doesn't that throttle performance or is it that the Mac Pro 3,1 or the iMac 12,2 doesn't work with the system ?

Because HDMI output in general works better with Mac Mini. It doesn't really seem to matter too much whatever you pick in my experience, but everyone seems to be getting different mileage.

Because HDMI output in general works better with Mac Mini. It doesn't really seem to matter too much whatever you pick in my experience, but everyone seems to be getting different mileage.

When u say HDMI output, do u mean straight HDMI or even when going HDMI => DVI etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back