Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'll be honest, I did not read that whole guide you linked. I just looked at the beginning and end posts, which were about a GTX 670, and a GTX 560Ti. Based on that, it sounds like the guide might not involve the correct method for this card.
I surely just used the HD4000 method and switched to this thread then.
Are you sure that you downloaded the right drivers from nVidia? When I searched for them on Google, it took me to the driver download for the GTX 660Ti. I had to start from the nVidia home page and look up my drivers from there. Also, I haven't done anything with CUDA drivers... maybe try without them?
i`ve got the "Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg" link from this thread, and as far as i know, this driver is universal for mac+nvidia and tried it without the CUDA, before i knew, that`s necessary to get these drivers to get CUDA to work under osx. (need that for the adobe programs)
Other than installing the drivers, and setting GE=No, the only other thing that I've done is change my bios graphics card selection to "PEG."

Tried your suggestion and I´ve also downloaded the update from this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/73081-testing-thread-geforce-gtx-660-a-11.html#post481671
and don`t know if it was this one, or your advice, anyway thanks a lot!

SUCCESS ! :D

GEEKBENCH Score says 11906
Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Mercury Playback GPU also accepts the card with cuda_supported_cards.txt patched!
Unigine Heaven 3.0 Basic 2320 points.

Thanks again!

Your geekbench seems a bit low for a 3770...

thanks a lot for pointing this out. just changed my profile to macpro 3,1 from imac 13,1 and checked my ram timings (which were not at xmp profile, so changed it) and got 13005points!

The product name doesn't seem to help about geekbench, but the XMP profile is a common "mistake". I had the same problem when I started my build ;) And be sure to have your ram plugged in order to activate dual channel (I did this one two:mrgreen:)

I just made a build using a Gigabyte z77-ds3h, i7 3770k, and a EVGA Gtx 660 Ti. I have just about everything working except for a minor issue with the front audio (only comes through on the right speaker) as well as the HDMI slot on my Gtx 660 ti. For some reason DVI works fine, but the HDMI gives no signal whats so ever. Everything else with my Gfx card seems fine (plays 1080p movies and games perfectly). Anyone know why that is?

I tried to get an Asus GTX660 DirectCUII working on my rig that has been updated from 10.8.0->10.8.2 without luck. This is a standard build based on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H and 3570K. Someone in this thread recomended a clean install for GTX660 and I finally broke down and prepared a USB drive with 10.8.2.

After a clean 10.8.2 install, Macpro 3,1 identifier, installing the Nvidiadriver it finally booted. Still only supporting Opengl 2.1, but at least I have something CUDA accelerated to edit videos with FCPX. Lets hope for native support in the next version.
P_500.800x500.jpg

Another Success Story ;)

Its a Gigagyte GTX660 in my B75M-D3P System. I used the "iMac-Way", setting System to iMac 13.1 and install the Apple Update from their side. Set GraphicsEnabler=no and Voila..all is working like a dream.

See my Build
images-i217621bzcagu.png

Thanks a lot for all your helpfull threads!

Hi everyone !

I'm a french new Hackintosh user, thanks to everyone of you for helping me (us) by articles, vidéos
and forums to build my computer.
Si first of all, thank you very much.

But everything is not so bright.
my hackintosh is working very fine at one exeption, the graphic card
it's a GTX 660 and there is no way to set it up properly.

first thing, i have two screens.

The card, when i plugg it in the computer slow the machine down considerably (for booting)

There is no way to plugg the second monitor on the GTX, i have to plugg it on the motherboard vga plugg
it's working, but it's nasty...

when i try (hard) to plugg both monitors on the GTX, sometime it's working, bute the two monitors are
setted up on secondary screens both of them ! so i can do nothing.

to say it straight, when ther is the GTX in the computer, my hackintosh is very very unstable, it's not working.

i follow very seriously the configuration that you recommand, it should work but it's not

is there anyone who get an idéa of what to do with that?

Thank you very mutch

Hopefully

Ugo.

PS// my configuration

Intel core I5-3570
GA Z77-UD5H
16GB CORSAIR 1600Mhz DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back