Contribute
Register

Testing Clover, not quite sure where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that. What I am referring to is the kexts linked in the clover guide on this site are out of date. They are not the same version that are shipped with the newest version of Multibeast. For example the FakeSMC is not new enough to have all new Yosemite modifications in it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

I understand I can find these elsewhere but it would be nice to have them in one spot.
So install them with MultiBeast to S/L/E, copy them to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 and delete from S/L/E.

So install them with MultiBeast to S/L/E, copy them to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 and delete from S/L/E.

Going Bald,
Not sure why MiniTO is hijacking my thread... should just start his own. In any case, I've attached my config.plist, as well as the verbose mode of what happens right as I get the ghostbusters logo. Can you please take a look and let me know if you see anything that I may be missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    3.3 KB · Views: 210
Sorry "Hijacking" wasn't my intention I was trying to point out that the guides are pointing to kexts that I didn't think were comparable with Yosimite particularly FakeSMC version 6.0.1123 vs 6.11.1328 in MultiBeast 7.

You said you were following those guides hence using the kexts I was concerned about...

Sorry "Hijacking" wasn't my intention I was trying to point out that the guides are pointing to kexts that I didn't think were comparable with Yosimite particularly FakeSMC version 6.0.1123 vs 6.11.1328 in MultiBeast 7.

You said you were following those guides hence using the kexts I was concerned about...

MiniTO, I understand what you were trying to do. Tony has put the latest kexts in his walkthrough for Yosemite with Clover. I also understand why he doesn't post the kexts individually, sicne most of them aren't his, and his focus is on the tools that make it easy through an installer (Multibeast/Unibeast). He doesn't want users to have to download each kext individually, where you have to hunt for them, run into issues because of different versions for different releases, etc. If you use some of the other Hackintosh forums, that's exactly what you run into, because you are dealing with old posts with links to kexts, that have probably been updated in the time since they were posted.

MiniTO, I understand what you were trying to do. Tony has put the latest kexts in his walkthrough for Yosemite with Clover. I also understand why he doesn't post the kexts individually, since most of them aren't his, and his focus is on the tools that make it easy through an installer (Multibeast/Unibeast). He doesn't want users to have to download each kext individually, where you have to hunt for them, run into issues because of different versions for different releases, etc. If you use some of the other Hackintosh forums, that's exactly what you run into, because you are dealing with old posts with links to kexts, that have probably been updated in the time since they were posted.

Follow the Clover guide in the Forum Guides for post installation to install Clover to the SSD. Use the config.plist at the end of the post. Edit the graphics section to change ATI=True to ATI=False, Intel=True to Intel=False and nVidia=False to nVidia=True

Put your DSDT if you have one in EFI/ACPI/Patched
Create a EFI/Kexts/10.10 folder and put your network kext and FakeSMC.kext there - it is all in the guide. Post results.

I am receiving the same error. My build (using the Clover guide) was working fine, then I installed iStat Menus, Intego Internet Security X8, Drobo Dashboard, Dropbox, and 1Password. Now when I boot I get the same errors and "not" symbol.

I am using Clover 3202, Yosemite 10.10.3, on the system in my profile. The kexts I am using are:
ACPISensors
AppleIntelE1000e
CPUSensors
FakeSMC
GPUSensors
LPCSensores
NullCPUPowerManagement

I tried removing the GPU sensors, but then it just hung on the ethernet kext with the same errors. I guess I could remove all but the required kexts, but then I would not have the things I need (like ethernet), and it was working fine previously with all these kexts.

I have attached my SSDT.aml and config.plist files.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment config.plist
View attachment SSDT.aml

I am receiving the same error. My build (using the Clover guide) was working fine, then I installed iStat Menus, Intego Internet Security X8, Drobo Dashboard, Dropbox, and 1Password. Now when I boot I get the same errors and "not" symbol.

I am using Clover 3202, Yosemite 10.10.3, on the system in my profile. The kexts I am using are:
ACPISensors
AppleIntelE1000e
CPUSensors
FakeSMC
GPUSensors
LPCSensores
NullCPUPowerManagement

I tried removing the GPU sensors, but then it just hung on the ethernet kext with the same errors. I guess I could remove all but the required kexts, but then I would not have the things I need (like ethernet), and it was working fine previously with all these kexts.

I have attached my SSDT.aml and config.plist files.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 135177
View attachment 135178
Yosemite and Clover are a "Cakewalk" on this board... Install your kext to S/L/E (no reason for NullCPUPowerManagement). Remove/unistall "iStat Menus, Intego Internet Security X8, Drobo Dashboard, Dropbox, and 1Password" and reinstall one at a time after you get the box up and stable...

Yosemite and Clover are a "Cakewalk" on this board... Install your kext to S/L/E (no reason for NullCPUPowerManagement). Remove/unistall "iStat Menus, Intego Internet Security X8, Drobo Dashboard, Dropbox, and 1Password" and reinstall one at a time after you get the box up and stable...

I ended up reinstalling yosemite over the existing build and it fixed this issue. Now my only issues are that my audio does not work and iMessage is really flakey - sometimes I can receive incoming messages, but outgoing always fail.

For Audio use Toleda's patches or try the new MB 7.3 that was released today. For iMessage put your correct MLB and ROM values in RtVariables, example:

PHP:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>C02345600QEFPXXXX</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <data>
        aFs1Z76e
        </data>
    </dict>

For Audio use Toleda's patches or try the new MB 7.3 that was released today. For iMessage put your correct MLB and ROM values in RtVariables, example:

PHP:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>C02345600QEFPXXXX</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <data>
        aFs1Z76e
        </data>
    </dict>

Thanks for the advice - I have tried Toleda's patch then the MB7.3 drivers - still no go. As for the above values, I am a noob when it comes to editing my config.plist... I do not know what values to put in for MLB or ROM.

Any suggestions on what I should include? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back