Contribute
Register

Testers with Ivy ProBooks needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you change the audio outout in sound settings?

Not possible. The display does not appear on the list.

Not possible. The display does not appear on the list.
I see where is the problem, i forgot to change the connector type to HDMI, will upload beta2.1, in a few minutes.

I see where is the problem, i forgot to change the connector type to HDMI, will upload beta2.1, in a few minutes.
No need to hurry, I'm shutting town for today.

First post updated Beta2.1 is up.
01660004 should work with the 6470b DP dock too, since now it has 4 ports.

First post updated, Beta2.2 is up.

Change log:
BETA2.2: Fixed, set 01660003 external display connector type from DP to HDMI
BETA2.1: Fixed, set 01660004 external display connector type from DP to HDMI
BETA2: Changing the platform-Id from 01660004 to 01660008 for high-res Probooks is no longer required (01660008 is no longer supported).

Works, but "The selected device has no output controls". I haven't change the volume.
As far i am aware you can't control the volume on the HDMI output. HDMI has like an audio "Pass-Through" and you control the volume on the "playing" device.

Is safe to asume you have a low-res 4540s with Ivy, right?

Yes, its true.

I've never connected the monitor to Mac OS via HDMI, but in windows it works like built-in audio, with volume control.
OK, good to know, i did not really test it in windows.
Can someone with a real mac, different kext, different hack, confirm that they have the volume control options? It might also depend on the AppleHDA?

Edit: I googled a bit and it seems that this is the correct behaviour in OSX, however you can probably use SoundFlower to manipulate with the volume if that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back