NVidia GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I've got a successful 10.8.3 build, everything works how I want it but i'm now looking to over clock the CPU a bit so i'd like to keep an eye on the temperature of various components.

Unfortunately Istat, HWMonitor and Temperature Gauge can only decect my hard drive's temps :( I've tried adding various FakeSMC plug-ins but still nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

S. :thumbup:

Hello All,

I've got a successful 10.8.3 build, everything works how I want it but i'm now looking to over clock the CPU a bit so i'd like to keep an eye on the temperature of various components.

Unfortunately Istat, HWMonitor and Temperature Gauge can only decect my hard drive's temps :( I've tried adding various FakeSMC plug-ins but still nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

S. :thumbup:

CPUSensors.kext FakeSMC PlugIn should give you CPU core temps in HwMonitor.
Make sure you install a matched set though (eg. plugins that match the FakeSMC you have installed). Probably best just to install the latest: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for your suggestion about the CPUSensors.kext however when i download the package from Git I dont see any kexts in the CPUSensors folder that I can install.

Unless i'm missing something?

S.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for your suggestion about the CPUSensors.kext however when i download the package from Git I dont see any kexts in the CPUSensors folder that I can install.

Unless i'm missing something?

You missed the part where you read the README. It tells you where to get binaries for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back