Contribute
Register

tailchaser's Build: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD5H - 32GB RAM - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating to 10.9.1, did you run MultiBeast v6.0.1 (or later) selecting only your motherboard's audio driver?

Hi, I have a simillar buikd but with 16gb ram and a gtx 770 4gb gpu. Everything seems to be running fine benchmark wise, despite minecraft running horribly for some reason. The only real concern I have is on the "About My Mac" dialog box it proclaims my cpu is 3.69ghz intel core i7 whilst im using the stock 3.5 setting. Under hwmonitor it shows 4 cores and everything looks fine but im just wondering if theres anything wrong with this. Any advice? Thanks!

Thanks for laying out the road map for this build. I mirrored your build except i used my gtx 550 vid card and 16gb of ram(2x8gb)gkill ripsaws.

I was having freezing issues with 4 - 2gb ram sticks and went with the two skills and the freezing stopped. after about 4 weeks it started freezing again. I came home today after being away for three days and the windows side was up and frozen on screen saver. I restarted into mac side and it locked as soon as the screen saver started. Any thoughts on what this could be? Temps are in the mid 40's to low 50's. Specs say 4770k is good until 80's before shut downs.

Same build except the thunderbolt version z87x-ud5-th and working great up to now.

Somebody know how to read the GTX770 temperature??

Ok I delete intel hd graphics kext and seems to be stable. I don't understand how can I see cpu temperature...

It freezes random when I play youtube movie mor often, I can't get a solution, maybe we ghave to delete the other kext for intel hd? My system is quite the same except the graphic card mine is a gtx660. Please help me .

anyone can help me?

I have the exact same problem with iTunes trailers freezing the machine, exact same build using HD4600.

Did anyone ever solve this?

Hey,

I see you are using the GA-Z87X-UD5H with 32GB of RAM as well! I'm having problems with my setup, it occasionally freezes and completely locks up on a screen. I've read this board has problems with all for DIMM's being used, are you having any freeze problems?

Also do you know how to get the onboard HDMI audio working?

Thanks dude!

Hey,

I see you are using the GA-Z87X-UD5H with 32GB of RAM as well! I'm having problems with my setup, it occasionally freezes and completely locks up on a screen. I've read this board has problems with all for DIMM's being used, are you having any freeze problems?

Also do you know how to get the onboard HDMI audio working?

Thanks dude!

We had screen lock ups and found that by updating the Cuda driver in System Preferences it cured the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back