Contribute
Register

T440p un perfect installation of Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 104055

I loaded the binary files from ubuntu. I can't convert it to source due not familiar with command line.

I downloaded your files, extracted, and disassembled with:
Code:
iasl -da DSDT SSDT* dynamic/SSDT*

Your integrated GPU device is named PCI0.VID. The PCI_config data for it is in SSDT6...

For brightness:
- use the "Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU" as the rename patch (applied to DSDT and SSDT6, and any other files you plan to include/need [such as SSDT9])
- use "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" for SSDT6. You will get one error after applying the patch. Find the location of the error in the code (click on the error). You will see a line commented out just above the error. Uncomment to it reads "External..." (instead of "//External).

Also, it appears your laptop also has a discrete graphics card (nvidia/Radeon). Please update your profile to reflect.

- use the "Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU" as the rename patch (applied to DSDT and SSDT6, and any other files you plan to include/need [such as SSDT9])

Can't understand the whole meaning.

1. Does I use DSDT from Ubuntu or Generated it from Maciasl tools?

2. I use your Maciasl tools (with your patch source) to apply patches to DSDT. But how can I apply patches to SSDT?

3. I down't know how many SSDT(x) should be included.

After apply patch for Haswell, just as you said there is only one error. But the error can't be fixed as you said.

Error message:
16955, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

The error line and above

//OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, Subtract(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, 4), 0xe1184)
OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)

Can't understand the whole meaning.

1. Does I use DSDT from Ubuntu or Generated it from Maciasl tools?

Use the .DSL files as output from iasl from extracted binaries from Linux.

In other words, read post #4.

2. I use your Maciasl tools (with your patch source) to apply patches to DSDT. But how can I apply patches to SSDT?

You apply patches to SSDTs the same way you apply patches to DSDT.

3. I down't know how many SSDT(x) should be included.

From my experience, quick analysis: SSDT2, SSDT3, SSDT6, SSDT9.

Block at startup. The message is:

startup.png

After apply patch for Haswell, just as you said there is only one error. But the error can't be fixed as you said.

Error message:
16955, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

The error line and above

//OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, Subtract(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, 4), 0xe1184)
OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)

You either applied to the wrong file (brightness patch goes to SSDT6, not DSDT). Or you forgot to do the rename patch prior to the brightness patch.

Sorry for my careless. I've fixed it. But now, it frozen at startup. See messages above post.

Do you have any solution for my issue??

Frozen at startup at line "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I found, if remove DSDT.aml, the laptop will startup successfully. There should be some wrong with DSDT.aml settings.

I found, if remove DSDT.aml, the laptop will startup successfully. There should be some wrong with DSDT.aml settings.

Make sure the DSDT you patched is recently extracted from your laptop. Any hardware upgrades/BIOS updates/BIOS setting changes will potentially change the base DSDT and necessitate repatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back