Register

System uptime nanoseconds / External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Everything in my hackintosh was working fine, until...

I installed a OSX based driver for an external drive (Samsung D3). Now I get "system uptime in nanoseconds" whenever I start the computer.

I know that it 100% has to do with this driver i just installed. Question is, how do I delete this driver?!

Update: I can NOT able to reinstall Mavericks. Whenever I try to boot with the USB installer, it also hangs on "System uptime in nanoseconds: 2193164098". I did the Bios, and still nothing.

Thanks for your time.

Everything in my hackintosh was working fine, until...

I installed a OSX based driver for an external drive (Samsung D3). Now I get "system uptime in nanoseconds" whenever I start the computer.

I know that it 100% has to do with this driver i just installed. Question is, how do I delete this driver?!

Update: I can NOT able to reinstall Mavericks. Whenever I try to boot with the USB installer, it also hangs on "System uptime in nanoseconds: 2193164098". I did the Bios, and still nothing.

Thanks for your time.

If you know the name of the kext / driver (it's located in /System/Library/Extensions), you can boot in single-user (it's like terminal except before booting to desktop) verbose mode and delete it from there.

Fixed it in a probably not usual way:
Deleted all the .keks files in Library/Extensions
Rebooted without uptime-error
Screen freezes at Apple logo
Restart from Boot-usb
Fresh osx install

Since I had a backup before, no data lost.

Hope this can help anybody, but probably its a "beginners-workaround"
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back