I5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm a new one here.
My computer is Dell Inspiron 5577 and current system version is macOS 10.14.1. My CPU is Intel Core i5 7300HQ and the Graphics Card is Intel HD630. My problem is the system reboots when I plug in the HDMI port and there is a kernel panic report after system restart.
I have followed the guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/. But it still reboots after I add the framebuffer-conX-enable=1, framebuffer-conX-pipe = <12 00 00 00> and framebuffer-conX-type = <00 08 00 00> in Devices/Properties. I'm sure the HDMI is connected to my Intel HD630 as I've confirmed in Windows.
I've also tried to add the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. But it causes the audio can't work and leads to kernel panic as well.
I think I've loaded native Audio with AppleHDA as I patched the layout-id=56. It's confirmed with the codecs I got from Ubuntu. There is a problem in the plug of headphones and I use ALC Plug Fix(https://github.com/goodwin/ALCPlugFix) compaired with CodecCommander.kext to fix it. But there is a strange thing that I got two codecs from Ubuntu: one is Realtek ALC256 and another is Intel HDMI.
Besides, in macOS 10.14, I enabled HWP and seems solve the problem by using the command provided by https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh. But it can't work in 10.14.1 now.:banghead:

The following is my problem reporting files.
Looking for your help~:D

Attachments

• debug_21492.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi, I'm a new one here.
My computer is Dell Inspiron 5577 and current system version is macOS 10.14.1. My CPU is Intel Core i5 7300HQ and the Graphics Card is Intel HD630. My problem is the system reboots when I plug in the HDMI port and there is a kernel panic report after system restart.
I have followed the guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/. But it still reboots after I add the framebuffer-conX-enable=1, framebuffer-conX-pipe = <12 00 00 00> and framebuffer-conX-type = <00 08 00 00> in Devices/Properties. I'm sure the HDMI is connected to my Intel HD630 as I've confirmed in Windows.
I've also tried to add the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. But it causes the audio can't work and leads to kernel panic as well.
I think I've loaded native Audio with AppleHDA as I patched the layout-id=56. It's confirmed with the codecs I got from Ubuntu. There is a problem in the plug of headphones and I use ALC Plug Fix(https://github.com/goodwin/ALCPlugFix) compaired with CodecCommander.kext to fix it. But there is a strange thing that I got two codecs from Ubuntu: one is Realtek ALC256 and another is Intel HDMI.
Besides, in macOS 10.14, I enabled HWP and seems solve the problem by using the command provided by https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh. But it can't work in 10.14.1 now.:banghead:

The following is my problem reporting files.
Looking for your help~:D

Don't change so many things with the framebuffer-conX patching.
Change one thing at a time only, test with each patch/change.

Also, don't include patches that are not necessary (such as the unifiedmem patch you have).

Don't change so many things with the framebuffer-conX patching.
Change one thing at a time only, test with each patch/change.

Also, don't include patches that are not necessary (such as the unifiedmem patch you have).
I removed some patches and only kept these in Devices/Properties:
Code:
AAPL,ig-platform-id = <00 00 1B 59>
device-id = <1B 59 00 00>
framebuffer-patch-enable = 1
framebuffer-conX-enable = 1
framebuffer-conX-pipe = <12 00 00 00>
framebuffer-conX-type = <00 08 00 00>
framebuffer-stolenmem = <00 00 30 01>
I tried from con1 to con3 each time, but the system still reboots and shows the same Kernel Panic log. What should I do next?:crazy:
Thanks very much for your help~

I removed some patches and only kept these in Devices/Properties:
Code:
framebuffer-patch-enable = 1
framebuffer-conX-enable = 1
framebuffer-conX-pipe = <12 00 00 00>
framebuffer-conX-type = <00 08 00 00>
I tried from con1 to con3 each time, but the system still reboots and shows the same Kernel Panic log. What should I do next?:crazy:
Thanks very much for your help~

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I'm sorry. I think the Kernel Panic log is the same I attached before and I didn't need to upload them again. I get new Problem Reporting files and attach them below.

Attachments

• debug_58.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
I'm sorry. I think the Kernel Panic log is the same I attached before and I didn't need to upload them again. I get new Problem Reporting files and attach them below.

Since you don't yet know which connector your HDMI uses, you must patch all three.
Suggest you start by patching each con1/con2/con3-type for HDMI <00 08 00 00>.
Then test.
If still not working, next step is to patch each con/con2/con3-pipe for modified pipe value <12 00 00 00>.
Then test.

Note also that MacBookPro14,3 is wrong. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.

Since you don't yet know which connector your HDMI uses, you must patch all three.
Suggest you start by patching each con1/con2/con3-type for HDMI <00 08 00 00>.
Then test.
If still not working, next step is to patch each con/con2/con3-pipe for modified pipe value <12 00 00 00>.
Then test.

Note also that MacBookPro14,3 is wrong. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.
I started with add these in Devices/Properties:
Code:
framebuffer-pacth-enable = 1
framebuffer-con1-enable = 1
framebuffer-con1-type = <00 08 00 00>
The system reboot and show Kernel Panic log after I plugged in HDMI port. So I add framebuffer-con1-pipe = <12 00 00 00> but it still reboots and shows the same Kernel Panic log. I attached the Problem Reporting files named with "con1.zip".
Then I change con1 to con2. The system reboot again and show Kernel Panic. I attach the Problem Reporting files named with "con2.zip".
I also change to con3. But it still reboots and I attach the Problem Reporting files named with "con3.zip".
Since all of con1 to con3 shows the Kernel Panic and the log of Kernel Panic is same, I don't know how to deal with them. I think I should use con1 as in macOS 10.14 it works properly. But the same patches I used in macOS 10.14 can't work in 10.14.1 now.

Attachments

• con1.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 104
  • con2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 84
  • con3.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
What "same patches" are you referring to?

Attach PR files from 10.14 working setup.

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I use these framebuffer-conX patching in macOS 10.14:
Code:
framebuffer-con2-enable = 1
frame buffer-con2-index = <ff ff ff ff>
It made my HDMI works when I pluged in. I've also attached the PR files of the Clover I used in macOS 10.14. But the kernel logs and kextcache in PR files may be useless as I'm using 10.14.1 now.
Besides, I installed all of my kexts to S/L/E and deleted them from Clover/kexts except Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC. But it doesn't work to solve the problem of my HDMI.

Attachments

• debug_29583.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 80
I use these framebuffer-conX patching in macOS 10.14:
Code:
framebuffer-con2-enable = 1
frame buffer-con2-index = <ff ff ff ff>
It made my HDMI works when I pluged in. I've also attached the PR files of the Clover I used in macOS 10.14. But the kernel logs and kextcache in PR files may be useless as I'm using 10.14.1 now.
Besides, I installed all of my kexts to S/L/E and deleted them from Clover/kexts except Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC. But it doesn't work to solve the problem of my HDMI.

If your intention is to disable con2, use this instead:
Code:
framebuffer-con2-enable=1
framebuffer-con2-alldata=<ff000000 01000000 40000000>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back