Contribute
Register

System freezes 10-20 mins after using Final Cut Pro X

Status
Not open for further replies.
themacguy said:
TheSneakySnake said:
No hdmi/vga port that I can see of, and another thing I noticed is that I can run starcraft 2 at full settings (Ultra) without my system breaking a sweat. I added the OpenCL patch through multibeast to see if the crashes calm down in FCPX. and so far my systems been smooth i've been running a video on loop in VLC in the background for the last couple days now. I used to run that video 24/7 before I changed the device ID in the Applegraphicspowermanangement to keep my graphics card from going idle. Hope that gives you a little more insight to my mysterious debacle.

Heres my motherboard by the way

Gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3

Oh, I see. Your motherboard has no onboard video it seems. So after applying the OpenCL patch, did FCP X work? And if your graphics card goes idle, does it not come back to life? Are you sure you haven't got a faulty graphics card?

My graphics card I believe is fine, this is the second one I've had. The first one I had was this one "GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850" and fresh out the box it started malfunctioning causing windows to unexpectedly lose connection to the card and the screen would go out for 3-5 seconds. I then replaced it with an Nvidia GTX 460 SE and I havent had a problem since. but the stability of OS x is unpredictable. Last night it crashed while using logic, but it usually happens after being on for 2-4 hours.

TheSneakySnake said:
themacguy said:
TheSneakySnake said:
No hdmi/vga port that I can see of, and another thing I noticed is that I can run starcraft 2 at full settings (Ultra) without my system breaking a sweat. I added the OpenCL patch through multibeast to see if the crashes calm down in FCPX. and so far my systems been smooth i've been running a video on loop in VLC in the background for the last couple days now. I used to run that video 24/7 before I changed the device ID in the Applegraphicspowermanangement to keep my graphics card from going idle. Hope that gives you a little more insight to my mysterious debacle.

Heres my motherboard by the way

Gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3

Oh, I see. Your motherboard has no onboard video it seems. So after applying the OpenCL patch, did FCP X work? And if your graphics card goes idle, does it not come back to life? Are you sure you haven't got a faulty graphics card?

My graphics card I believe is fine, this is the second one I've had. The first one I had was this one "GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850" and fresh out the box it started malfunctioning causing windows to unexpectedly lose connection to the card and the screen would go out for 3-5 seconds. I then replaced it with an Nvidia GTX 460 SE and I havent had a problem since. but the stability of OS x is unpredictable. Last night it crashed while using logic, but it usually happens after being on for 2-4 hours.

Try getting a graphics card from the customac builds page, they should work, afterall Tony himself has suggested those! Sorry if I'm ignorant and didn't notice you're already using one of those!

My graphics card I believe is fine, this is the second one I've had. The first one I had was this one "GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850" and fresh out the box it started malfunctioning causing windows to unexpectedly lose connection to the card and the screen would go out for 3-5 seconds. I then replaced it with an Nvidia GTX 460 SE and I havent had a problem since. but the stability of OS x is unpredictable. Last night it crashed while using logic, but it usually happens after being on for 2-4 hours.[/quote]

Try getting a graphics card from the customac builds page, they should work, afterall Tony himself has suggested those! Sorry if I'm ignorant and didn't notice you're already using one of those![/quote]

I'm sort of using one from the list the only difference is that its the superclocked edition. Could my device ID be different from the one in the system profiler?

Hi

am having the same problem after 15 to 20 min the screen freezes, any fix yet good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back