Contribute
Register

Supported Hackintosh System Giving me Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
Core i7 950
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi all. In my recent attempts to install 10.7.0 on my hackintosh I have found it to be quite a struggle. I am on 10.6.8 but I had to add the special IOPCIFamily.kext for the dreaded [Pci Configuration Begin]. Considering the issues I had with 10.6.8 i placed said IOPCIFamily.kext into the S/L/E folder of the Installer partition. Booted it and it hung up at DSMOS Has Arrived i believe. I waited and my hdd light went dark and the system just stalled there and never entered installation. I figured it might be due to the kext i placed in Installer so i put the vanilla Lion IOPCIFamily.kext back. Booted, and hung at the dreaded [Pci Configuration Begin] :banghead: . Also, my wireless kext now refuses to cache again as I have posted before. It works with the RT2870USBWireless.kext i downloaded from Ralink only if i boot -f. It should be noted that i had to add the product and vendor id's into the Info.plist. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot wait to get rid of this stupid fermi because of how many problems it has gave me. Cannot wait for new Mac Pro to come out so we have support for the 6970's. Then ill buy a 6950 and flash it up to a 6970 :D

Imma try what u linked to. It does seem like it would work. If not i forgot to do the npci=0x2000 string and ill see how that does. Thank you very much for the post.

upton_oliver said:
I think I'll just stick with Snow Leopard. Lion is mean to my hackintosh. Still freezing at DSMOS has arrived after reading and applying this method.
You're like me, brother. Optimistically pessimist, well, due to Lion of course :lol:

People ask,"What is Apple doing to stop Hackintoshing?"
This thing, people, THIS, DSMOS

Don't Steal Mac OS X kext (DSMOS), which has converted a lot of energetic hackintoshers into pessimists. We've tried and tried, and searched for solutions, but no use.

But hey, we've got Snow Leopard. That's Mac after all, and better than Lion, TBH...
Come on mate, let's talk about Lion's annoyances. If you can't join 'em, beat 'em :silent:

:beachball:

Sorry if I sound rude. I'm not :cool: . Just anxious and wanted to share my feelings with someone who's at the same stage as mine. Not blaming the community or anyone. Looking for a solution to this, and will keep looking, because we won't give up, ever.

Yea i agree with you. Snow Leopard was a good for a desktop environment. I have Lion on my laptop and ive been so pissed with battery life and wasteful features that i might just roll it back to Snow Leopard as well!

I never knew what dsmos meant though! Maybe when i learn more of my c++ i can fix it myself with something but thats a few years down the road though. Ty man for tryin to help!

Wait, maybe a Snow Leopard DSMOS kext would do? Imma try that.

The problem has nothing to do with DSMOS. It says "DSMOS has arrived". DSMOS isn't your problem. The problem is your video card isn't working right.

I believe you are right because the GF100Hal hasn't been logging in verbose boot. Im going to try gfxenabler=no -x on my system and see how it goes. Thank you!

From what I understand the GF100 (Fermi) driver is included in lion, and it doesn't like my graphics card. I hate NVidia...

inc said:
The problem has nothing to do with DSMOS. It says "DSMOS has arrived". DSMOS isn't your problem. The problem is your video card isn't working right.

If the problem has something to do with video card, why can't I install Lion using my 8400GS while someone else can? Running the same methods to enable the card and stuff... This problem is complex, and no one has the solution to it, NO ONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back