Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> SuperMicro X8DTE 2 x 6 core XEON E6 $300 Hackentosh 12Cores/24-threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
supermicro
CPU
E5645
Graphics
ATI HD 5870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SUCCESS in installing Sierra on Citrix NetScaler ADC/MPX/SDX 11500, a dual 6-core XEON (E5645) with 48 GB RAM standard. Upgradeable to 192GB.
Remove all Crypto cards and Network cards. I am using a ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB RAM but was able to install Yosemite and El Capitan with the built in video. I did not try it here since the 5870 card was already installed.
BEFORE INSTALL: Followed TM guide, but change 'date 1212122018' before install (from terminal) and remove any network cables.
DURING INSTALL: When asked about networking say NO and continue. connecting networking during install will crash the system.
(Running 10.12.6)
AFTER INSTALL: 1) Only 24GB RAM showing, when 48GB is installed. I think I need to change the model from the default iMAC 14,2 to one of the PROs. 2) Security Update 2019-005 10.12.6 borked the install. Could not get back into Sierra, even after booting from USB first. Had to re-install.
Super Cool system !!!

Anyone with tips to solve the after Install problems, let me know.
Total Build Cost about $300. Server $260 (eBay.com), Graphic card $25 (Allegro.pl), USB sound $8.00
FULL DETAILS ON https://www.n90x.info/netscaler_hacks.html get the book its awesome!

Attachments

• sierra NS 11500.png
    sierra NS 11500.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 154
Hey man!
Can u help?
I'm having a problem installing hackintosh on supero x11SCA (supermicro)
My installer stucks every time on the beginning.
Thanks... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 211
Are you installing high Sierra? Remove all PCI cards, except OSX compatible video card . Make sure you use recommended BIOS settings.
let me know , tell me more

Hello. Good day.

No I'm installing Catalina. I assume it's the same.No?
I've removed video card, but LAN card intel I210 is stalling on boot of the hackintosh.

I'm very new in this things, (kext files, kernel, smbios) and other stuff.

I'm having supermicro pc with:
Supero X11SCA motherboard
32 GB of RAM
Intel Xeon 21 E-2146G

Can you disconnect LAN card? Either that or be sure it is not connected to anything.
I never had any problems with built in Intel LAN ports For initial boot.

Also I have not been able to get Mojave or Catalina to fully boot on my Supermicro’s yet. Maybe try something older first?

One final tip, I once booted to an older OSX then reboot to Unibeat installer and it worked then. Very strange but that worked for me.

Ok, thanx in advance.
I just never been used too give up. But now... ir seem that all bullet i've had, are gone.

I'll try something older. High sierra. for example.

Lan cards i'can't detach them, but when i disable them, installer sees them. Strange.
I'managed to pass them with kext for my LAN and "fake scm".... but then came other problem....
IMG_0411.jpg

SMC

I would say disable any extra hardware, like serial ports, etc. Disable the PCIe ports too. Make sure they are not set for 'loading/boot PCIe BIOS' or something like that. You are getting further then me with Catalina.

One other thought, run ESXi 6.7 and virtualize everything. I have done this successfully. Check out book “NetScaler Hacks” on Apple and Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back