Contribute
Register

Suggestions to Replace z77x-UP4

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should show their appreciation using the "Contribute" link at the top of the page. I can't imagine how much time/money it takes for this team to maintain a good knowledge-base out of experience.

As well as make their purchases via the affiliate links to NewEgg and Amazon provided throughout the site.

Update- we've removed this motherboard from the CustoMac Buyer's Guide.

At least there's the Z77X-UP5 TH for anyone that needs an similar alternative.

I just purchased from newegg a few days ago and got it tonight. :(

Just order a USB 2.0 bracket and you'll be fine, it's less than $6. We're working on solving the Intel USB 3.0 port issue, so that USB 2.0 devices will work in the Intel USB 3.0 ports. Apart from that, there's really nothing wrong with the board.

Allow me to make a positive statement regarding the z77x-up4

I've got the Z77X-UP4 TH bios rev f2 working very nicely and I am happy with it. I agree with thelostswede, an usb2 bracket (temporarily) fixes the problem.
The whole installation went very smoothly due to all you guys here who put a lot of effort in making those nice "beasts" A big thank you!

I have one question left though - hopefully not off topic - I would like to purchase the 27" Apple Cinema Display (with the mdp connector not the TB version) next week. I would like to know if there is anyone who actually has connected this screen to this specific motherboard, and got it workin o.o.b.

There are threads here in which it it suggested that it should work, but it is unclear to me whether this is fact or assumption - prefer to play safe give the prive :)

thanks
F.

I'm writing this from my UP4 right now - no problems. As thelostswede said - just get a usb2 bracket for the back and you're good to go. $5 and it works just fine.

I've had 0 problems with the UP4 outside of the USB port issue, which I've fixed by just purchasing a generic $8 USB 2.0 PCI bracket (natively works in OS X, Windows and Ubuntu Linux). If you want to save $50 versus buying the UP5, it's a good board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back