Contribute
Register

Successful instal, but Windows won't boot, anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I did not. Its my sons Hack and he so rarely boots into Windows, he is fine F12'ing into BIOS boot and booting from there..

See here to Convert Legacy to UEFI

Well I hadn't tried hitting F12 on boot and I just did. Unfortunately this is the message I get:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_

Well I hadn't tried hitting F12 on boot and I just did. Unfortunately this is the message I get:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_

Do you have your BIOS set to boot UEFI only or UEFI and Legacy?

Your best bet, is to convert your Legacy install to UEFI then.

However; IDK why it wouldnt boot via BIOS boot menu :think:

Your best bet, is to convert your Legacy install to UEFI then.

However; IDK why it wouldnt boot via BIOS boot menu :think:

I'll be heading out soon so I won't be able to tackle this until either tonight or tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to try and remove the El Capitan drive and see if it will boot off of the Windows drive all on it's own. Once in there I will try and convert to UEFI. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it all goes.

I had the same issue. Weirdly - after selecting the LegacyBiosDefault option in Clover and choosing Yosemite as my default boot volume I can now access Chimera when I choose to boot from the Windows partition (in the Clover boot loader) which then allows me to select the Legacy windows install. (Which is on a separate drive btw)
A bit messy but at least I can access windows without going the F12 route....

[Solved] Found the answer on another forum (can't remember where)

Thought I would post the answer in case others have same problem.

I changed the setting shown in attached pic from PBR to LagacyBiosDefault. Yosemite and Windows now boot perfectly when selected.

View attachment 112998
you saved my day! thank you so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back