Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790K / GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help since I don't use Clover.

Allright, if i want to follow this guide since i got the same MB and the i7-4790 what should i do?

Use unibeast to create the USB Boot installer? Can u provide me a guide for this exact MB?

Should i install OS X with or without the NiVidia GeForce GTX 750ti? What do you recommend?

Thank for advance.

Allright, if i want to follow this guide since i got the same MB and the i7-4790 what should i do?

Use unibeast to create the USB Boot installer? Can u provide me a guide for this exact MB?

Should i install OS X with or without the NiVidia GeForce GTX 750ti? What do you recommend?

Thank for advance.
I looked in the User Builds Forum section and found this build description: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i5-4690k-evga-gtx-760-clover.html#post1046147. The author started out using a GTX 750 Ti, but switched to a GTX 760. He still kept his Clover installation instructions for the GTX 750 Ti.

Another Forum section you can look at for installation instructions with a 750/750 Ti/960/970/980 graphics card (they're all nVidia Maxwell chipset cards and require the nVidia Yosemite Web drivers) is the Yosemite Desktop Guides > http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/.

If you still are having problems, I recommend looking in the Graphics Forum section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/ where you'll probably have to post any problems you have after your Clover installation.

Same configuration, everything works fine, but getting Freezes every few hours…
These freezes are completely random, and may accure when the computer ideal or running some renders, or Application..

Any Idea here?

Same configuration, everything works fine, but getting Freezes every few hours…
These freezes are completely random, and may accure when the computer ideal or running some renders, or Application..

Any Idea here?
You are probably suffering from the dreaded "Haswell Freeze." The Haswell processors and motherboard chipsets have different/tighter specification than previous processors/chipsets. Make sure of the following:
  • Your memory is listed in the GA-Z97X-UD3H's Memory Support List, and
  • Your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" and "certified."
One or both of the above are causes of the "Haswell Freeze."

THX.

There’s no "Memory Support List” at the Gigabyte web site (although they suggest to search there…), but I’m pretty sure that Kingston chips are widely supported.. As for the power supply, it’s the first time I hear of Haswell compabilty or certification.. I always thought it’s an ATX regulation issue.

THX.

There’s no "Memory Support List” at the Gigabyte web site (although they suggest to search there…), but I’m pretty sure that Kingston chips are widely supported.. As for the power supply, it’s the first time I hear of Haswell compabilty or certification.. I always thought it’s an ATX regulation issue.

You may be able to disable the CPUs lower power state in the motherboards BIOS. I am just learning about this, but a little info to get you started is at http://techreport.com/review/24897/the-big-haswell-psu-compatibility-list

Hello everyone, this took me some time but I finally got OS X Yosemite working on the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H. Everything works fine with a few errors here and there but I've got everything sorted. iMessage and FaceTime obviously don't work with Chimera but you can follow this guide to fix it: How to fix iMessage

Specifications:
Intel Core i7-4790K (Stock at 4GHz)
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM
EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC (2GB GDDR5 VRAM)
Crucial M500 240GB SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro)
Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Hard Drive (Storage)
Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Peral)
Corsair RM Series 650W Power Supply
ASUS USB N13 USB WiFi Adapter (RaLink Wireless Utility)

------------------------------
IMPORTANT: You most likely will get a boot0 error. Don't worry because there's a fix however I recommend doing it before install OS X and after formatting the drive you're going to install OS X on. You can follow this guide to fix the problem: boot0 Error: The Official Guide
Install Guide (with) Graphics Card
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL Stick(s) of RAM except for ONE stick
OPTIONAL: Unplug all HDDs and SSDs except for one you're going to install OS X on
Bootflags: -x -v nv_disable=1 -no -zp

OPTIONAL: After you install OS X and go through setting up your user account. Shut down the computer and remove your GPU then boot up with bootflags: -x -v then install MultiBeast and the NVIDIA Web Driver. This process makes installing drivers easier.

Install MultiBeast with these options:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch (SSD ONLY)
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot

Hit Install and watch the magic happen!

You need the "Quadro & GeForce Mac OS X Web Driver Release 343.02.02" from NVIDIA's website. Once you download, just install and before you restart, go into settings and make sure you have "NVIDIA Web Driver" selected.

Install Guide (without) a Graphics Card [Intel HD Graphics]
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL Stick(s) of RAM except for ONE stick
OPTIONAL: Unplug all HDDs and SSDs except for one you're going to install OS X on
Bootflags: -x -v

Install MultiBeast with these options:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch (SSD ONLY)
Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot

Hit Install and watch the magic happen!

Hi. Thanks for the post. I just received all my equipment and I'm making my build. With regards to networking, the network seems to work out of the box. What is the advantage of installing the Ethernet driver? Also, there is a newer version of the apple intel e1000e driver inmultibeast 7.3. Should I use the 3.0.4.1a version, or the newer one?

Thanks,

Allan

Hi. Thanks for the post. I just received all my equipment and I'm making my build. With regards to networking, the network seems to work out of the box. What is the advantage of installing the Ethernet driver? Also, there is a newer version of the apple intel e1000e driver inmultibeast 7.3. Should I use the 3.0.4.1a version, or the newer one?

Thanks,

Allan

I answered my own question. The older version of the network driver doesn't work. with 10.10.4. I tried without the driver, and no network. The current version is needed. Also, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext work with the other port.

I should add that I'm using the Z97X-Ud5H board. Sorry. I also found that I had to add dart-0 in order to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back