Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite 10.10.1 / GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 / Intel I5-4690K / Integrated HD4600, Runs Flawless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very similar build, and for some reason when I boot with the flag -v i get hung up because, according to the test on the screen, "power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

I have also gotten an error regarding the firewall application

anyone with ideas/ suggestions?

-Chris

Question for you all? Is VGA supported in Yosemite for running a dual monitor?

I am looking to run dual monitors. I got a free monitor from work but it only has a VGA connection. My motherboard has VGA and DVI-D. I heard rumors that VGA wont work with Yosemite. Let me know if you have had any luck getting it to work before I go out a buy a cable. I thought about DVI-D but apparently a cheap DVI-D to VGA cable does not exist as it does not support an analog signal.

@ Chris

Need more specifics. You mentioned you had a "similar build". What do you have that's different so we can asses the problem. I would reset the bios to it's factory settings and make sure everything is set up according to this guide assuming you have the same motherboard.

Question for you all? Is VGA supported in Yosemite for running a dual monitor?

I am looking to run dual monitors. I got a free monitor from work but it only has a VGA connection. My motherboard has VGA and DVI-D. I heard rumors that VGA wont work with Yosemite. Let me know if you have had any luck getting it to work before I go out a buy a cable. I thought about DVI-D but apparently a cheap DVI-D to VGA cable does not exist as it does not support an analog signal.
Apple's OS X hasn't supported VGA for years, especially integrated graphics using the motherboard's VGA connector. There are inexpensive DVI to VGA Adapters, but I haven't used them.

XFX MA-AP01-DV1K DVI Male to VGA Female Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998049

Processor: intel i5 4690K
MOBO: GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
Graphics: G-Force 750 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4)

I have tried the install both with and without the graphics card, and it results in the same issues. I have used a few different boot flags and several combinations of the flags.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

-Chris

So if I boot with both sticks of ram, I get a deadbeef panic. With one stick of ram and the -v and -x flags I get a power management unsupported error, and when I use only the -v flag I get I get the same power management error but it goes past it and stops a few lines later with [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Hope this information helps and I can provide pictures if needed

Sounds like a problem with your graphic card/mobo combination. I would flash your motherboard to f4 and try it again with one stick of ram and without your graphics card. Make sure nothing is connected to your computer. How is your monitor hooked up and what type of keyboard/mouse are you using. Also make sure your psu is compatible with haswell.

UPDATE: So i looked around and used the flags, -v -nv_disable=1 and it allowed me to get past the black screen and onto the actual install UI. I followed the instructions but upon installing it onto my hard drive i get the error while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

I looked around and was told to use -no-zp and it didn't work.

willing to try anything at this point.

-Chris

try this flag: GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -x maxmem=4096. It could also be the ram your using. Hard to say.

No luck, I tried the boot flags alone and with what I had before both get me stuck at the same spot. Thanks for the suggestion though.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back