Contribute
Register

[Success] y2Brian's Build | GA-X99 G1 | Haswell-E 6-Core i7-5820K | GTX-970 | Crucial 250 M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a great build, congratulations! This is very close to a build I've been looking to drop the hammer on.

I wonder if I can run some questions by you, has a newbie to Hackintosh.
1. I like the Intel drives and have the SSD ones on my iMac and MacBook Pro. Any issues, the buyer guides doesn't list any, so I didn't know if there may be a reason for that or not?
2. Any issues with the M2 drive has your boot drive?
3. After going through the build, do you think it would be much harder to use the 980 GPU?

Finally I hope you make a guide and thanks for sharing!!

~The Chaplain

No Issue with SSD Intel drive, M2 drive required a 4k conversion to run as Master Boot - you can fine instructions its simple couple commands, 980 would be no difference in install issues.

Congrats! Also, double check your memory is in the correct slots for the number of sticks your running... Its in the motherboard guide. I assume your going to hit like 5000 but i could be wrong.

Yeah, I'm gonna wanna get the rest of my RAM soon.... I think I looked at the Mulitcore number the first time.

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 7.27.42 PM.png

For a 5930k, I expected a much higher score...

I know, right! I was kinda disappointed in the score....so I did it again for the heck of it, and I'm sure these numbers are more like it.

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 2.46.48 PM.png

I did another one right after this and found that the numbers were within 10-20 points of each other across the board on the second go around.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my system and how it runs.

Hey, I need some help. I can't seem to install updates. If I used the restart option the system freeze with a black screen. If I shutdown it will ask me to install or shutdown. When I install the screen pops up and does noting. I'm confused if others are having this same issue with their X99 installs. My build is great but this seems to be the only sticking point. Thanks in advance if you reply with any information.

Hey ewasit can you be so kind to explain the steps you took to use clover to install on the gaming 1 x99..i got Yosemite to install with chimera ..but cant figure out how to boot up into clover ..please help

thank you

hey y2brian what did you use to et audio to work on the gaming 1 board ...thanx

I installed the system by Clover
What are the settings and Extensions that make it compatible device
And the fast boot and fast out of the system

The new device:

Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch

Have you been able to get thunderbolt working with this setup? Not necessarily for display - more for thunderbolt drives and docks?

Hi. I'm having troubles making it install with a similar setup, can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back