Contribute
Register

[Success] VGA port fix for Intel HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Breakthrough dude! :clap: congrats! hmm i wonder would this method also succeed if we modify something like that for x4500 mhd? hihihihi :crazy:

Thank u for theese helpful stuffz, here is my experience:
- still cn not change the screen resolution
- qe/ci works fine
- rotation works too (funny, but when i change the rotation it does change atomatically the resolution to 1024x1280 /not 1280x1024!/)
- no wawe effects on dashboard (i do not care about the dashboard at all)

So guys if anyone has an idea how to change the resolution, tell us.

btw, im gonna try it with a dvi to vga adapter...

I've tested this on the CustoMac Mini with i3-2105 and VGA is working for me- great job! I'm using MacBookPro8,1 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. It doesn't yet work for the Macmini5,1 that I was previously using. Let's come up with a "best bet" SNB framebuffer edit for any 2 of the back 3 panels.

Also- when I change resolutions, the screen goes black, and reboot or HDMI plug is required. :think:

Hi pippox0, well done getting this working! This will certainly be very useful to a lot of people.

Personally I am looking for a triple monitor solution, do you know if this is possible with your mods? If not, I'll give it a try.

memmerson said:
Hi pippox0, well done getting this working! This will certainly be very useful to a lot of people.

Personally I am looking for a triple monitor solution, do you know if this is possible with your mods? If not, I'll give it a try.

Hi,
I did not try yet , i think it should works ( Three monitor -2 HDMI and 1 VGA)
To be tested ( i need a second HDMI monitor)

pippox0 said:
Hi,
I did not try yet , i think it should works ( Three monitor -2 HDMI and 1 VGA)
To be tested ( i need a second HDMI monitor)

Thanks, I am more than happy to give it a try, I am very keen on this feature, I literally just bought a HD5670 for this purpose but can return it if this works. :)

Pls excuse my ignorance, but are the DSDT edits compulsory? I wasn't entirely sure. Also, my mobo is the Gigabyte z68ma, as far as you know are they any caveats I should be aware of?

Thanks

It does not work three monitors.
Only two.
I'm plug three monitors, without any modifications of the native Mac OS, working only two, the third VGA duplicate image of the main monitor, but it works. Without your modifications!

Three monitors also don't work in Windose. Maybe because no three-headed HD3000 and two-headed.

xfdisk11 said:
It does not work three monitors.
Only two.
I'm plug three monitors, without any modifications of the native Mac OS, working only two, the third VGA duplicate image of the main monitor, but it works. Without your modifications!

Three monitors also don't work in Windose. Maybe because no three-headed HD3000 and two-headed.

Ah..! Thanks for letting us know, I could have been bashing my head up the wall for days!

I don really understand to much on how you guys are getting vga to display full monitor resolution (1440 x 900). Im trying to figure out how to do this and upgrade to lion as well.

pippox0 said:
Hi,
i made some other modification, but resolution change problem remains (almost for me) :banghead:

TESTERS NEEDED
I post the files i used , so if someone would try easily the patch and share the results is welcome ...

I need to know if the Change resolution problem is my monitor's relation or it's for any monitor VGA.

Please try out and share your results , i will find faster a solution. ;)

This is specific for Desktop PC ( i disabled internal LCD port) with intel HD 3000 (Macmini custom build) with ID:0x0112 : 0x8068 (GraphicsEnabler=No in boot.plist)

HOW TO TRY
1) Insert smbios.plist of MacBokkPro8,1 in /Extra folder
1a) Backup your original AppleIntelHDGraphics.Kext/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
2) installl patched AppleIntelHDGraphics.Kext/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in /System/Library/Extentions
3) Share here your results
4) if something gets wrong ( boot with -x -v parameters and delete /Library/preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist. then reboot.)

CHECK LIST
a) VGA /HDMI works with QE/CI ?
b) Can you change resolution ?
c) Rotations works ?
d) Traslucid desktop ?
e) Wave effects on Dashboard ?
f) Can use one, two o three monitors at same time ?
g) Any other tries you do

Best Regards

PippoX0

MacBook8,1 smbios.plist
smbios.plist
Patched Kexts for Id:112 (so no DSDT modification needed)
AppleIntelHDGraphics.zip
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.zip

P.S. optional Try
h) set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist so ID: become 126 instead of 112

I attempted all of these custom edited files that you have posted and they did not make a difference for me -.- any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back