Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Spballer's Build: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT / i7-4790k / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What isn't working with your sleep?

Whenever it actually goes to sleep, it just wakes itself back up. Screen goes black as it should and as the fans start to power off it just pops back up. I haven't had the time to mess about with it yet, but if you know what that is and an easy fix, it'd be appreciated. But as I said, I haven't really tried to solve it myself yet.

And I'm liking 3,1 so far too. I think I'll just stick with it.

hmmm, that is interesting... did you install any of the usb 3 kexts with multibeast? I feel like I remember reading these are unnecessary and can wake your computer from sleep, but I haven't experienced any issues with sleep. There is a wealth of information on sleep issues in the post installation forum though, you should be able to sort through your problem pretty quickly there. I wish you luck!

Great tutorial! Thanks very much!
I'm about to attempt my first Hackintosh (dual boot), specifically with the GTX970. Reading about the problems with GTX970 in the main thread, your tutorial is the first one which gives me confidence to try the build.

I've been following the Customac Pro buyers guide. Thinking of the GA-Z97X-UD5H, i7 4790K combo (with a different case probably) and the 970.

Do you know where and if your tutorial wold differ? Would flashing the MB be similar?
Apart from that, in theory it should all be the same? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Figured out my sleep issues. I'm using an H100i to cool my CPU, and it has Corsair Link. When I'm in Windows, Link is very useful for setting fan speeds and monitoring temps, so I've just kept it hooked up into the board and apparently it's a pretty common and unsolved problem that the H100i keeps your Hackintosh from sleeping if you keep the USB hooked up. Easy solution is just to unplug the USB (it still operates normally, just no Link in windows). I tried that and it worked -sleep works just as it should. However, I do switch back from mac to windows pretty frequently, so the lack of sleep is probably worth not having to actually plug and unplug the USB header.

Unrelated - have you tried the new NVIDIA Web Driver (343.02.01f01)? I'm currently on 343.01.02f01 and am considering doing the recommended update.

@OP:
Another noob question...

Are there any issues with the audio out through the HDMI with 970?

I read on some threads that could be an issue? If my monitor hasn't got speaker's anyway, does sound still come out of any other outlet/external speakers/headphones?

Thanks very much

Thanks a bunch Spballer! I couldn't have set up my hackintosh without your guide.

leoburton,

I just did a quick test for HDMI audio as that was something I hadn't tried (I use an external 2.1 computer speaker set up, plugged into an audio jack off the motherboard). I did not get sound. I too remember reading issues with this concern, but since I didn't have any need to deal with it I never looked into its' solution.

If this is an issue you want to tackle I would suggest the Post Installation forums' Audio sub-forum, it may also be in the Graphics sub-forum since the HDMI cable will be coming from the card.

You will still be able to select your sounds' output via the Sound tab in System Preferences. I am using the Internal Speakers selection. See image below.

sound.png

TopRameen,

I'm thrilled my build thread helped you out, made my day! If you have any questions or concerns with your system please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you out :thumbup:

This is absolutely a beautiful system, but I wonder why you decided to be OK with a 1080p display on a system like this?
I bet its gonna be absolutely amazing on a better display than just 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back