RX 560
GA Z68A- D3-B3 Uefi Bios U1B
i5 2400 Sandy Bridge
AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB
Corsair 2x4 Gb 1600Mhz
disk WD Hdd 250 GB

OpenCore 0.9.0
System definition iMac 18,2

config.plist in EFI under Attachments is for boot when all it is finish.

1. Place new serials in config.plist under PlatformInfo,Generic
2. Add boot arg: “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”in config.plist
3. Install Mac OSX Ventura on disk
4. When you boot in Ventura you must disable SIP in config.plist: csr-active-config= FF0F0000 than
restart
5. Run root patches via OCLP app(v.0.6.1) in Ventura
6. When it is finish remove boot arg “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”. Restart.

You can add boot arg “ipc_control_port_options=0” Fixes crashes with Electron apps like Discord,Skype…

On this system all works except USB 3.0 that can recognize only installation USB keys, and I didn’t try Face time, Messages.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot 4.png
    Screenshot 4.png
    70 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
Update to Ventura 13.3

1. Update from General-Software update
2. Disable SIP and add boot arg “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”… - restart
3. Run root patches via OCLP app(v.0.6.2) in Ventura
4. Enable SIP and remove boot arg “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”… - restart

Attachments

• Screenshot 5.png
    Screenshot 5.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
I think ASPP-Override.kext might not be required on hacks in Ventura. Because afaik, it's used to prioritize plugin-type 0 over plugin-type 1 in macOS Monterey. But since Ventura doesn't have SMC CPU Power Management oob and you inject it via OC it's enabled by default. What happens if you disable it and reboot?

I think ASPP-Override.kext might not be required on hacks in Ventura. Because afaik, it's used to prioritize plugin-type 0 over plugin-type 1 in macOS Monterey. But since Ventura doesn't have SMC CPU Power Management oob and you inject it via OC it's enabled by default. What happens if you disable it and reboot?
I tested using HP8200SFF i7-2600 HD6570, but disabling ASPP-Override.kext enabled X86PlatformPlugin and fixed CPU operating frequency to 1.6GHz.
スクリーンショット 2023-06-03 10.47.59.png

Attachments

• HP8200_config.plist
    38.3 KB · Views: 36
  • ASPP-OFF.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
Thanks for testing. That's interesting. On my Ivy Bridge Laptop, enabling ASPP-Override.kext has the opposite effect: it actually disables turbo states and locks the CPU at the base frequency.

BTW: You might want to add AMFIPass.kext. It allows booting with SIP disabled and AMFI enabled so granting 3rd party apps access to Webcams and Mics works again. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/AMFIPass.md

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: You might want to add AMFIPass.kext. It allows booting with SIP disabled and AMFI enabled so granting 3rd party apps access to Webcams and Mics works again.
I tried adding AMFIPass.kext, but I don't have Webcams or Mics so I don't know what changed.
For the time being, I will test it with AMFIPass.kext added.

Attachments

• kernel.txt
    854.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi there! I was left with the impression that all non AVX2 cpu builds are stuck with monterey. Especially the ones with external GPUs.
Could you please share some knowledge on how you achieve the step to ventura and if i can achieve such upgrade on my system?
cheers!

Basically: config edits, new kexts and root patches applied with OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Oh my! and then there is this ...
Thank you!! thank you!! thank you!!!

Back