Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] P1LGRIM’s Progress Build: i7 4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL
Right. Plugging in one additional network cable and setting the teaming under network preferences will mess up your rig, right... then why do you post about your rig if you are not willing to share relevant information about how and if some parts do work btw.? Well then I guess it counts the most that you are satisfied with your rig. Loaded drivers and kexts don't tell you fully if they will work as expected.

This thread is about a specific build with specific parts - Your question is at best Off Topic.
Why not start your own thread in Network ?

Good Luck

Reserved for additional information.
NVIDIA Web Driver
Downloaded and installed NVIDIA Web Driver 331.01.01 from Here - WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

A total noob question, why would you get those drivers if they only support up the 600 series. I have the GTX770. What would be the benefit of installing those?

A total noob question, why would you get those drivers if they only support up the 600 series. I have the GTX770. What would be the benefit of installing those?

That's a good question.

At the time I was having issues with the graphics not performing consistently over different applications and saw a thread extolling the virtues of the web drivers. I downloaded them and they installed ok but frankly made no noticeable difference. A little research would have revealed the reason why.

So the answer to your question is, no benefit at all. I shall remove reference to the web drivers to avoid confusion in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

Incidentally, the graphics glitches disappeared when I changed the System Definition to iMac13,1

do yuo get audio pops (after sleep/starting up/changing output) using the imac 13,1 profile?

do yuo get audio pops (after sleep/starting up/changing output) using the imac 13,1 profile?

I upgraded to Yosemite yesterday and I'm now using the iMac14,2 System Definition.
I use external USB speakers and don't get any audio pops at all.

I get those pops with my 14.2 both in Mavericks and Yosemite, I think the Yosemite ones are louder, they go away after awhile.

Although it's early days I am very pleased with the Clover installation and will probably reinstall on my SSD using this method.

Hi. Did you ever end up switching over to Clover for your main drives?

Also, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you put together an updated guide for Yosemite (for either Clover or Chimera, whichever you prefer). You seem to have had a lot of success in getting a stable system up and running. My system is "stable" but almost always I run into a weird freeze issue after days of running perfectly. It's really annoying. I want to see if I'm missing some critical step.

Did you ever end up switching over to Clover for your main drives?
Yes, I use Clover on all of my builds now - It's the way forward.

Also, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you put together an updated guide for Yosemite (for either Clover or Chimera, whichever you prefer). You seem to have had a lot of success in getting a stable system up and running. My system is "stable" but almost always I run into a weird freeze issue after days of running perfectly. It's really annoying. I want to see if I'm missing some critical step.
This build guide is pretty much defunct now - Many things have changed since I first built it and the method is quite different now.

Fortunately mine doesn't suffer from the awful freeze problem.
From reading the various threads from those with that issue, my gut feeling is that it's RAM related.
Not the quality of the RAM as most seem to work fine in Windows and check out ok with Memtest, but with the exact timings and voltages as specified by the manufacturers.
There are some interesting threads detailing this approach to solving the problem - Search memory voltage.

Have you updated to the 10b BIOS ? Link

I currently have no plans to rebuild and document this build.

Yes, I use Clover on all of my builds now - It's the way forward.

This build guide is pretty much defunct now - Many things have changed since I first built it and the method is quite different now.

Which is why we need your guidance sir!

Fortunately mine doesn't suffer from the awful freeze problem.
From reading the various threads from those with that issue, my gut feeling is that it's RAM related.
Not the quality of the RAM as most seem to work fine in Windows and check out ok with Memtest, but with the exact timings and voltages as specified by the manufacturers.
There are some interesting threads detailing this approach to solving the problem - Search memory voltage.

I never considered that. You may be right. Do you still use XMP profile 1? Oh yeah, also, when it has happened, I checked the Console for a log message that may provide some sort of clue and nothing was found. So to me that means hardware, and RAM does seem likely.

Have you updated to the 10b BIOS ? Link

Yes

I currently have no plans to rebuild and document this build.

Are you open to it if the price is right? I'd be willing to pay you for consultation by the hour. It likely wouldn't take long, I just need to know what specific settings you used, for example in the EFI bootloader wizard:

Screen shot 2015-04-07 at 2.11.59 PM.png

I suppose I could do it by trial-and-error, as Bob Roche said, but if somebody with an almost identical and stable build has figured it out already, I'd rather seek their advice.

Anything we discuss can be posted in either this thread or my own thread as a guide, so we'll be keeping it in the community :)

Let me know. Feel free to PM me.

Are you open to it if the price is right? I'd be willing to pay you for consultation by the hour.

Please read the Rules.

No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back