Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Overclocked GA-Z87X-UD5 TH - Core i7-4770K - GTX770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm about to start a mavericks build on this board and having read several different threads about firewire 800 pci/pci-e boards I've just made myself more confused about what work and what doesn't. :crazy: Could anyone please recommend a firewire board that works with this specific board? I will mostly be using this system for video editing and motion graphics, all sound is run through my USB soundcard. Thanks in advance!!
I have a couple of these:

SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S53IG8/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124072

@abc123kazu

What is your PSU?

JFYI, I'm running a Red Rocket without any issues on a Z87X-UD7 TH. Just sayin'...

I have very similar hardware, except Z87X- UD5H - Not thunderbolt. Bios F8. Mavericks 10.9.3
And a lot of hard drives in RAID Stripe.

My question is why with less Overclocking I have a GeekBench around 18.900. This is not of course a competence. But maybe I am doing something wrong and my values are only in this synthetic test.

I use my hackintosh for edit 2K with Final Cut X and Davinci videos from Arri, Red Cameras, etc.

In the bios, I let everything in auto except multiplier to 43 and VCore to 1.26.

Memory XMP Profile 1 - getting 2400 Mhz.

I am not using Extreme, I use Performance.

I have only a basic cooler from Cooler Master 212. So, I can not try a multiplier for 47.

My temperatures, in Compressor from Final Cut creating a h264 of 5 minutes is 64 Degrees Celsius maximum. Normally works around 45-55 and Idle 29.

Any ideas?
If you want more information I can share it.

Thanks!

Sorry: I forget to say that I applied the Patch from Piker and Toleda's guide in this site, and I am not using Nullcpupowermanagment kext. The only thing I put in the terminal it's write your maximum turbo drive @4300 to the script. In this way I get lot of Pstates to manage powermanagment with the graphic power management.

hello everybody!

why my cpu doesn't show 3.5 but 3.46 you know what i mean?
other example, normally 4.3 and it write 4.29.

and second question, it stay at 3.46, normally the idle is 800mhz... no?

thks guys for your help

The difference between spec 3.5 and measured is because off errors in measuring, and the circuits that create the clock for the entire computer. It's normal. Modern Intel cpus only drop to 1.6Ghz at idle, not 800Mhz. I think AMD does 800. Your cpu is stuck at full speed, you need to fine tune your settings in the boot loader and bios so that OSX can control the cpu speed.

...Modern Intel cpus only drop to 1.6Ghz at idle, not 800Mhz...
Haswell processors drop in both voltage and frequency in idle, which is why you have to have a certified PSU and memory on the motherboard's compatibility list. :thumbup:

Super impressed with your OpenGL scores in Cinebench. Did you test the OpenGL before over clocking the CPU?

Nice build! I have a very similar system and I just went from Chimera to Clover. I definitely like it.

Hey could anyone tell me how reinstalling the OS while using Mavericks and Clover works? I have some issues that seem to be the system. Hoping a re-install would fix it. Just wondering if 1, it's possible and 2, if it would screw up all the modifications Clover does.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back