My first hackintosh (not PC) build :headbang:
Antec Three Hundred Two
ML 10.8.5
Gigabyte Z87-HD3, PCB 1.0, F6 BIOS
i3-4330
SSD 120GB SAMSUNG 840 EVO
2x4 : 8GB RAM Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
ANTEC 520watts PSU (SeaSonic)

Dual boot (thanks to tonymac/macman vid) with Windows 7 ultimate unofficial SP2 X64 November 2013.
Will mount some TB data disks later :D

First, i needed to update BIOS to F6 version, because F4 BIOS s*cks (bad USB support).
Settings :
Load Optimized Default
VT-D -> Disable

XHCI Mode -> Auto
XHCI Hand-off -> enabled
EHCI Hand-off -> enabled
IGFX First (and only
:mrgreen:)

Created installer into USB flash 8GB card reader
I ran POST Multibeast 5.5.5 "DSDT-free" , with additional audio and ethernet drivers.
Stock "MacPro3,1" definition.

GeekBench 32bits : 3198 SingleCore ; 6724 Dual Core. I don't know if it is good or not :lol:
Audio, ethernet work.
Sleep work.

Details : needed to use "-x" option to boot before running POST Multibeast. Only this simple option.

So far, it works :clap:

Finally, someone with a Z87-HD3 Motherboard on 10.8.5! I need to ask you, for the life of me I CANNOT turn VT-D off in my BIOS, it seems to just be grayed out. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Ignore that, VT-D seems to be disabled on my CPU.

Is it possible for you to share your method of install please? :)

I need to ask you, for the life of me I CANNOT turn VT-D off in my BIOS, it seems to just be grayed out. Am I missing something?

It's just because you have a K processor.

I have the same processor (Not a K processor) and motherboard and it still won't let me disable VT-D. Also, did you run into any problems with the integrated graphics?

Thanks.

I have the same motherboard(GA-Z87M-D3H) with i5-4570 (4th gen) Intel processor, Corsair 430W power supply and Sniper G.Skill 2x4 gb RAM (1333 mhz which is supposed to be compatible with this mobo). I tried installing ML ( not sure what version but bought from Apple App store couple of days ago) with unibeast but get stuck at the Apple logo with the rainbow wheel spinning for some time and then it freezes on the while screen. I have BIOS version F6 installed on the mobo already. Can you tell me how to run the -x option before post since you were successful in installing. I did watch Stingray's video on this website about kernel panic and boot flags and have some idea. I would like to know the way you did it so that I can do it the same way. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back