Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

Hello, I downloaded and created the Sonoma USB key following message #118. The progress bar started to advance a little, and I still had the black screen. I then changed the HdMI port of the graphics card, and now I finally get the image. I then formatted my hard drive and install the OS. When I restart, I don't have the image yet, and I change the HDMI port again, and the image comes back. Then, afterwards, I click to boot on the OS hard drive. And the black screen directly, even if I change the HDMI port

And when opening EFI with OX Auxiliary tools, I see an exclamation point in red, which gives me this error:
OC VALIDATE :NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.8!

OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi is incompatible with FirmwareSettingsEntry.efi!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.

In fact, Sonoma has not finished its installation completely. I have the Apple in white on a black background, and it tells me that there are 22 minutes left for the end of the installation.Then the screen goes black, and it goes back to the bootloader.

And when opening EFI with OX Auxiliary tools, I see an exclamation point in red, which gives me this error:
OC VALIDATE :NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.8!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.
I hope you’re using OC Configurator

Ignore the error. Is a problem of OC validator. So don’t worry and use it without fear.

In this days I’m in Easter vacation.
I can’t do any test.
Can you boot in verbose mode and share the screen where boot process stops?

Screenshot_20240404_193448_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Looks like misconfigured graphics.

How should I go about it. I'm lost at this level

Hello,
Verify your config.plist file and the content of the EFI's folders.
You should get no errors after ocvalidating ! Mandatory !

1) Check/re-check BIOS settings
2) Start from scratch using OpenCore 0.9.9 (latest stable version, today).

Cheers :)

How should I go about it. I'm lost at this level
What card and display monitor (brand/model) are you using?

can you check that agdpmod=pikera is in your boot arguments?

tomorrow morning (in Italy) I will check if there is a mistake in the EFI I uploaded for you. But I’m almost sure that is correct.

In the meanwhile try disabling completely WhateverGreen.kext in config.plist (simply uncheck ‘enable’ in kext section of opencore configurator) and test again, with whatevergreen disabled, connecting the cable to all ports (hdmi and display port).

Back