Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

Hi both.

Is it really correct to use CPUFriend*.kext's AND CpuTopologyRebuild.kext together?!? I thought you should only use ONE method?

No need for -lilubeta boot-argument.
-lilubeta shure not needed!
it's probably an old typo or the result of some try... and then I will have forgotten to remove it
Thx

About CPUFriend*.kext's AND CpuTopologyRebuild.kext I' don't know.
Usually when my hackintosh works well I stay away from making changes in the EFI (if not necessary).
For now it works perfectly.
I honestly don't remember why I used them both, but when I did the first installation I had "studied" all the documentation I was able to find (and undertsand) online.
I'll try to remove it in the next few days
Thx @UtterDisbelief for your suggestion :)

-lilubeta shure not needed!
it's probably an old typo or the result of some try... and then I will have forgotten to remove it
Thx

About CPUFriend*.kext's AND CpuTopologyRebuild.kext I' don't know.
Usually when my hackintosh works well I stay away from making changes in the EFI (if not necessary).
For now it works perfectly.
I honestly don't remember why I used them both, but when I did the first installation I had "studied" all the documentation I was able to find (and undertsand) online.
I'll try to remove it in the next few days
Thx @UtterDisbelief for your suggestion :)

I tried (to be honest very hastily) to use only one of the two kexts (CPUFriend*.kext's OR CpuTopologyRebuild.kext) and Cinebench score drops to 34k points (from 38.5k points).
I will try to do more detailed tests in the next few days.
:(

I removed lilubeta and still get a black screen 10 seconds after it starts loading. To be honest, I'm a little lost. I don't understand, it should work since I have exactly the same components as pulpinex.

I removed lilubeta and still get a black screen 10 seconds after it starts loading. To be honest, I'm a little lost. I don't understand, it should work since I have exactly the same components as pulpinex.

Lilibeta is not relevant regarding your problem.

My EFI in post 102 should works.
I don’t understand why it doesn’t.

My last suggestion: try download an older version of Sonoma (14.1 or 14.2) and try make a new installer with this Sonoma version.
No others suggestion

But… don’t feel sorry.
We will get your hackintosh working!!!

Thank you very much pulpinex and all the others for your availability. And for these Sonoma versions how can I get them. Because for my current version, I used the command line via terminal and the USB key is created by itself without having the choice of version.

Are you using HDMI port or DisplayPort?

Try this:
1st try: delete the row: CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC 00 DATA as show in the attached pict
2nd try: remove completely the first row in the DeviceProperties (as show where is highlited "THIS")
3rd try: try switch from HDMI to DisplayPort (or vice versa)

Screenshot 2024-03-26 alle 06.25.54.png

Let me know!

To make a new USB installer you have to rename the actual installation file (you find it in app) with a different name.

After you have to download the desired installer version running (in this case I would use 14.2.1) :

Softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 14.2.1

(You find the list doing this command via terminal: softwareupdate --list-full-installers.)

Hit return to start downloading the full installer application of that version of MacOS

After the previous step be sure that the downloaded installer (14.2.1 in the sample above) is in the app path and then run again the terminal command you have used to make the USB installation disk.

Last edited:
Hello pulpinex. I tried your method, and still this black screen. I couldn't swap DisplayPort and HDMI, because I don't have a DisplayPort on my screen. K hey download Sonoma 14.2, and I'll get back to you

@the66 :

Another way to get macOS is following the STEP 1 (spoiler) on this link (thx to @CaseySJ for this Golden Build Detailed description, that was really inspiring also for my build).
I used/copied it and taylored for your needs.

1. Click here to visit the gibMacOS site on GitHub.
  2. Click the large green button labeled Code, and select Download ZIP.
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 4.00.36 PM.png
  3. Unzip the file if it does not unzip automatically. The files will be in your Downloads directory in a folder called gibMacOS-master.
  4. In Finder, double-click gibMacOS.command from the gibMacOS-master folder. If macOS complains that the file was downloaded from the Internet and cannot be run, open System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General and click Open Anyway from the bottom of the window. Repeat this for any other downloaded application as needed.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions in the screenshots below to download the full Monterey installer. At #8 you should find "8. macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60)
    - 052-40759 - Added 2024-02-19 19:32:20 - 13.40 GB" as show below:
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 alle 08.01.17.png
  6. Type 8 (if accordling with your list) and download the needed files
  7. A number of files will now be downloaded and stored in the same gibMacOS-master directory, but in a new folder called macOS Downloads/publicrelease/xxx-xxxxxx...., where "xxx-xxxxxx..." will vary depending on the version of macOS that was selected.
  8. Depending on the size of the macOS installer (generally about 8GB) and network download speed, wait an appropriate amount of time for the download to complete.
  9. When download is complete, all files will be present in the "xxx-xxxxxx..." folder. Press Q to quit.
  10. Now look inside the newly created "xxx-xxxxxx..." sub-folder in the gibMacOS-master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease folder. Here you will find a file called InstallAssistant.pkg. Launch this application and grant it permission from System Preferences --> Security & Privacy if it does not launch the first time. This will create Install macOS in your Applications folder.

NOW
( see: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-z690-proart-creator-wifi-thunderbolt-4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-6800-xt.318311/#STEP-1:~:text=onto USB disk-,Spoiler,-: STEP 2 )
I copied this instructions and modified it for your needs (SONOMA instead Monterey)

• Format the USB disk with Disk Utility.
  • Select View --> Show all Devices then click the parent name of the USB flash disk on the left sidebar. This is critical.
  • Select Erase and ensure that three items appear. Then enter the following as shown in green:
    • Name: SONOMA-USB (use this exact name)
    • Format: MacOS Extended (Journaled) -- do not use APFS here
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  • Open a Terminal window and type:
  • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/SONOMA-USB
  • Enter your Mac password when requested.
  • It will take a few minutes for this task to complete. Afterwards the USB install disk will be renamed to Install macOS Sonoma.
  • Open the USB flash disk in Finder and confirm that a file called Install macOS Sonoma exists
NOW: --> start again the installation from the created USB installation disk

NOTE: THX to @CaseySJ for his fantastic/inspiring/detailed guide!

Last edited:
by clicking on gibmacos command I get an error message (knowing that the gatekeeper and sip are disabled)

Last login: Wed Mar 27 17:14:43 on ttys000
/Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master\ 4/gibMacOS.command ; exit;
najet@najets-MacBook-Air ~ % /Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master\ 4/gibMacOS.command ; exit;
File "/Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master 4/gibMacOS.py", line 376
**{key: value for key, value in prod.items()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Opération terminée]

by clicking on gibmacos command I get an error message (knowing that the gatekeeper and sip are disabled)

Last login: Wed Mar 27 17:14:43 on ttys000
/Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master\ 4/gibMacOS.command ; exit;
najet@najets-MacBook-Air ~ % /Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master\ 4/gibMacOS.command ; exit;
File "/Users/najet/Downloads/gibMacOS-master 4/gibMacOS.py", line 376
**{key: value for key, value in prod.items()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Opération terminée]

Ooookkkkk

Try with method suggested in post #116

Back