Contribute
Register

[Success] MSI G77A-G43 Mountain Lion Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't enable it with a SSDT, but I have tested it and it is working with the modified Bios. It clocks between 3.4 and 4.6Ghz and so far so good, no crashes and the CPU never gets above 60c even at full speed for extended periods of time.

Just a quick update. After further testing, I have made a few tweaks to this build.

First, the built in 8111e Ethernet on this board is junk. It works great 95% of the time, but if you are using it for heavy file transfers like remote Time Machine backups on a gigabit network where speeds are getting up to 60-70MB/sec, the connection drops and requires a restart to get it back. I ended up buying a cheapo Trendnet PCI NIC for $12 that works with the Realtek 81XX driver, although you still must keep the onboard NIC enabled in the Bios or else the App Store won't let you download.

Second, after a couple weeks of beating on the machine, I realized that I was only getting 2 SpeedStep states, 16 and 46 so I made a custom SSDT.aml with 31 steps between 16 and 46 which is for my 4.6GHz over clock. I also had to change the SMBIOS profile to MacMini 5,1 since I found out that the iMac 12,1 and MacPro 5,1 only support 2 SpeedStep states, now MSRDumper is reporting all the steps working correctly.

I have attached the custom 4.6Ghz OC SSDT.aml for a i5 3570K if anyone else has their system running at this speed. Even if not, the steps are easy enough to modify for your own use.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    915 bytes · Views: 314
Here is the DSDT I am running. (Sorry, I had to zip it because it was over the 29K file limit for aml files.)

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 430
sixsixtysix thx for your dsdt. basically my ML is running fluently, but has the following problems.
1. not able to log into icloud(this apple id is valid but is not an icloud account) my id is an icloud account.
2. cant enable Trim on SSD
3. Can't wake up after sleep(i have tried darkwake=0 or 1.)

my built:
Z77A-G43
I5-3570K
ocz agility 3-60G
XFX5770

sixsixtysix this video may help you to get your graphics card functioning fully.

[video=youtube;_dsxFahF9Ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsxFahF9Ek&feature=plcp[/video]

Thanks, I have had the 6870 running fine, it was just the ports that were confusing me since you can't run both DVI ports.

Hi

I ran your SSDT installed correctly but it still craches when i am trying to start up.I have the same MSI board and i5 prosesore i only have a Geforce GTX 660 graphics card that differs. What can i do to make it work

Thank you for your time.

Hi there, i am new to this forum. All i am looking for is the bios flash created by samisnake for the msi h77ma-g43. It looks like there are a few links to the original post but says i dont have privileges to view it. there are a few other pages that are 404 not found and also a wordpress site that had a list of patches which is also down. any help would be great thanks!

Hi there, i am new to this forum. All i am looking for is the bios flash created by samisnake for the msi h77ma-g43. It looks like there are a few links to the original post but says i dont have privileges to view it. there are a few other pages that are 404 not found and also a wordpress site that had a list of patches which is also down. any help would be great thanks!
Repository was moved to http://www.pjalm.com/forums/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back